BBi Stage 1 vs BMS +100

I ordered a set this afternoon, didn't realize they don't require a core till last night, decent deal with that in mind. Will post pics once they arrive...

Dont you work for Coffman customs doing tuning? :hehe:
Discount?

Last edited:
John,
Did you order 1's or 2's? Bet you will tune them up very nice with your UDC knowledge.
I put a set of 1's in my truck earlier this year. Like how they are working and will see how they last in the long term. I replaced my stock sticks that had 172k on them. Still have the stock ones that were working still.

Best of luck with your BBI.. I did have an issue after install with leaking fuel into my oil but it was connector tubes. Replaced all six tubes and has ben great since that point. I looked at tubes when I replaced sticks and thought they looked fine. Was the 1st time taking them out of the head. tried to reuse them with just replacing O-rings. Was not worth the couple hundred to try and use the old tubes. I should of replaced all tubes with new Bosch tubes when I did the injectors.

I ordered the Stage 1's.

I spent today looking at my tune and the sample test sheets getting an idea of how much to cut duration. Since I am not after all out power I think the shorter duration and less timing, but same fuel, will really make for a nice burn!!

Thanks for the info on the tubes. They are easy to get from Cummins down the road if the need arises, the ones I pulled look fine and it's their first time out but as you said....

Les had to pull quite a bit of fuel from mine. It took quite a bit of work but he won the battle in the end.

Here is a video of the 749 hp run with his 12v tune milage tune

[ame="http://s491.photobucket.com/user/oldsmokey12/media/photobucket-70393-1384043056225_zps2571d603.mp4.html"]12v Tune Video by oldsmokey12 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Are stage 1's comparable to 100's? Sounds like they are maybe capable of more fuel...

Flow wise I think they are comparable to 50's, bt hp wise they are 90-100hp.

Oh ok. Will be interested to hear your opinion on them once you get some miles and tuning time in.

They look real purdy in the box. They should go in this week, hopefully.

The box worked out well for protecting the stock ones I removed. Nice packaging..

I have been allover the place with my BB1's. I am very happy how they are working. Hard to tell how they have affected mileage from testing so many UDC changes.

Maybe by spring when I settle on a UDC program to leave for a length of time I can tell if mileage is up or down. I can tell power is up and like how truck is driving.

Good luck with the install..

John,
Have you had the time to get BBI's installed? Any reports on how they are working with your control of UDC?

The injectors are in the motor, but the motor isn't in the truck yet. Next week is the plan.

I got my starter UDC tune written, can't wait to fire it up!!

I am reluctant to install mine until I get more air. I have EFI Live but don't have the capability of doing anything with the tune(s) on my own. Brian at Smarty said I could cut duration and go ahead and install the new injectors but I think I will just wait until something is done about a dramatic air increase. And I think I will switch tuners to Anarchy (Phil) and get a V2 so I can start learning a lot more about correctly altering parameters myself.

Ask your tuner to cut some duration, simple as that. You won't need a drastic air increase or fuel decrease unless it's a tow tune.

Talk with your tuner, between the spec sheets provided and the stock flow sheets that Brian posted in his forum it shouldn't take your tuner much time at all to make the requisite adjustment. I think I have about 20 minutes into mine.

Thanks guys. Looks like my autocal module bit the dust or something its not functional so I figured its just safest to get some more air moving then get the new injectors installed. With more air I have no problem running the tune in there now as it's not a real hot tune anyway. Plus I would just be more comfortable with a different tuner.

Back