BBi Stage 1 vs BMS +100

Keith, there are guys running BBi 1's with no tuning and stock air with NO issues. A gentleman even posted on this forum or the other. On the 06 truck you would need boost fooling of some sort though to keep out of limp mode.

Ask your tuner to cut some duration, simple as that. You won't need a drastic air increase or fuel decrease unless it's a tow tune.

Talk with your tuner, between the spec sheets provided and the stock flow sheets that Brian posted in his forum it shouldn't take your tuner much time at all to make the requisite adjustment. I think I have about 20 minutes into mine.

Well I would talk with the tuner but the auto cal seems to be malfunctioning so it's not useable. Kinda SOL on that one. Not really thrilled with this tune writer either. I am going to switch tune writers and get a V2 so I can learn to do my own alterations. Until then the stock injectors are working great. I had thought it was necessary to change injectors every 100000 miles but since found out that's not necessary if using good fuel filtration.

Keith, there are guys running BBi 1's with no tuning and stock air with NO issues. A gentleman even posted on this forum or the other. On the 06 truck you would need boost fooling of some sort though to keep out of limp mode.

OK I thought if I put anything other than stock injectors in with stock air I had a good chance of burning pistons so thought I would wait until I get twins and a new tuner. Thanks.

OK I thought if I put anything other than stock injectors in with stock air I had a good chance of burning pistons so thought I would wait until I get twins and a new tuner. Thanks.

You don't quite have stock air, the compressor increase is small but the turbine side allows a lot more air to exit the motor which improves flow.

I would email your tuner and ask what you are running for WOT pulse width. If you PM me the info I can get you a better idea of if you can handle the BBi's.

OK I will send an email. Maybe he will get back with me as several times I never got replies to queries. Is there anything else I should ask about? Is the pulse width the same thing as duration? I need to try to learn how duration and timing interact for optimal combustion event management. That stuff is very interesting. Thanks for the help and advice.

Back