BD Diesel Lift Pump Kit

meloyelo7337

BD Diesel Lift Pump Kit...is it a good upgrade for the fuel. dont really have alot of upgrades (power puck and preditor and the puck is off), delete pipe and air intake and gauges. thats it.
about to get a mbrp exhaust (that keep my egts low) because i like the sound (heard it on you tube) i want it throtey
i would hate it if my cp3 went to sh*t will the BD Diesel Lift Pump Kit be good AND ALL I NEED. it says it is good to 600hp.
thanks

Not sure about the BD pump kit, it apears in the pictures I've seen just to be 2 stock lift pumps.
I'm a VP guy, so fuel is critical to my injection pump so I run a Fass pump, 150
The Fass only cost $400 and was an easy install (on my truck) and it has a 6 year warranty. I don't know if the cost is compareable to the BD.
At the shop I go to all the performance trucks have Fass systems and they seem to work well.
There are a lot of options in fuel delivery now days, though.
Just my 0.02

Well if you get the BD kit, be prepared to install it using your best judgement! Their directions SUCK! Me and my brother installed one on his '02 Cummins and the directions were so bad we just tossed them aside and came up with our own way.

But it seems like it's a decent setup, he hasn't had any issues with his so far.

i heard with the fass (or was it the holly blue), that you had 2 keep it 1/4 or a 1/3 tank full or it would not pull fuel......was i lied to.:doh: ....wouldn't be the first time:hehe:

also what did yous mean by the cp3 aint that weak.
i thought if i ran the puck and the preditor (other than the trans going to mush) my fuel/ rail pressure would be sh*ty.

you guys are the pros though, i am only good at picking up girls that the bar:hehe:

fill me in...thats why i am here

What year truck..... After 04 Dodge put lift pumps in tank. Therefore FASS systems after 04 need To bypass that pump....they use a tube in the tank. That tube if not installed properly will allow the slosh of fuel to grab air and create problems.

If you want good stuff, call any FASS dealer on CompD, they are good at what they do and can tell you the pros and cons of your set up.... At least I will anyway. Buy one from someone that will help you make this choice.

If you need deeper explanation, call me or a dealer and get the scoop.

My fat little fingers are sore from typing today, need to put them on ice for the night. I have some 12 oz. icepacks in the fridge

FASS is a pretty good way to go but it is a little loud for me.

Can't argue with that.
My Fass can easily be heard over my VP truck! But come on, most of us put 4'' exhaust or better on our trucks, so noise can't be that big an issue.
I hear ya bear3, I had to put the draw tube in my truck because of the dodge retro lift pump and it had an unoticed hairline crack that sucked air and made the fuel foamy. Simple fix and got an apology, all I needed to stay happy.

hpprose said:
FASS is a pretty good way to go but it is a little loud for me.

Hp, have you one of the new 6 year warranty pumps? The new pumps are quieter andhave the longer warranty... If you don't and the noise is an issue send it back and Diesel Dan will update it for free.

Dan has been awesome at getting the pumps turned around in a day and having them back on the brown truck headed your way.

I agree with the post above though, I'd miss the little hum if it was gone..... right?

I installed one on my truck, the instuction do suck. I bolted the pump to a crossmember that is just rear of the fuel tank directly over the drive shaft. Zip tied the hose to the factory line up to the engine. I suggest you buy the pump from a local parts store along with clamps and ties. Go to a shop the does hoses get 3' on 3/8" hose, 16' of 1/2" hose (both diesel rated) and they should have a fitting for your fuel filter what ever that metric size is. Then take the onehundred dollars you saved and buy more go fast parts.:ft:

JacktheBear3 said:
Hp, have you one of the new 6 year warranty pumps? The new pumps are quieter andhave the longer warranty... If you don't and the noise is an issue send it back and Diesel Dan will update it for free.

Dan has been awesome at getting the pumps turned around in a day and having them back on the brown truck headed your way.

I agree with the post above though, I'd miss the little hum if it was gone..... right?

I didn't know that. Are all of the new pumps no matter what the rating quite?

Exactly what I was thinking bear3!!
It's almost comforting turning the key on and hearing the pump grown.
At least you know it's working.

hpprose said:
I didn't know that. Are all of the new pumps no matter what the rating quite?
The Term to use would be "Quieter", we installed that monster 180/200@50 on a Mega Cab and even though it's the newer pump the Motor Groaned louder than a cheerleader. By comparison the New Gears are all quieter and making customers less irritated by the noise....

Jcummins said:
Exactly what I was thinking bear3!!
It's almost comforting turning the key on and hearing the pump grown.
At least you know it's working.

You must be a fellow VP44 owner...:hehe:

Got bit by the failing lift pump once.$1400
It shall never happen agian.
Could have bought that tubo my truck needs so badly with that kind of green.

Jcummins said:
Got bit by the failing lift pump once.$1400
It shall never happen agian.
Could have bought that tubo my truck needs so badly with that kind of green.

I hear that... But the CAT that started the thread has 3rd gen with the CR system. He's not in that bad a shape considering....

However, I feel your pain.