BD RAD...what codes?

Izzy

i have a 2002 and was wandering what codes does the RAD throw.

Not sure on the codes, but the CEL will go off after about 10 cycles.

I could go out and hit the switch and find out if you need the info... I throws 5 codes I believe and mine goes off after 3 key cycles.

Lavon

I could go out and hit the switch and find out if you need the info... I throws 5 codes I believe and mine goes off after 3 key cycles.

Lavon

Playing around last night Lavon?

Lavon

i would appreciate it. i went out for a test drive the other day and used the rad. my truck acted a little funny on the bottom end and i could not tell if it was the tranny hunting for gears or something else. there were 3 codes 1693,1694 and 1698. so i am trying to figure out if those are the normal bd rad codes. i did a search on every freakin place possible on the internet and could not find anywhere that said what the codes were. any help would be appreciated.

Yeah Tim I had a little fun last night....:)

OK, here are the codes that my truck throws with the BD RAD and TQ converter lockup switch..... I believe the ones in bold are lockup codes

PCM 1682 622 743 122 500 753 1765 1694 ----- ECU 1698 177

the 1693 companion code is always there with every code.

Lavon

LAmiller, thanks a bunch. i just wanted to make sure that i did not have another problem arising. i just have to give Dave a call and see why 1st and 2nd seem to be hunting after a 12psi boost launch.

What the rad is doing is essentially telling the VSS that the truck is already moving at a set speed so the torque management wont kick in. It usually isn't going to affect the shifting of it. Have you tried bypassing it to see if it goes away?

1698 is no communication between ECM and injection pump. When a truck comes in our shop with that code 9 times out of 10 its leaving with a new pump.

1698 is no communication between ECM and injection pump. When a truck comes in our shop with that code 9 times out of 10 its leaving with a new pump.

I found my 1698 code problem... my grabber had cut through the VP tap wire and caused a bad connection. Got it all soldered up now.

Lavon

Back