BD to Smarty.

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
I was speaking with dave at HTT about some turbo charger upgrades and we got on the subject of programing. I told him i will be switching to a smarty over my BD. He stated that some trucks were having issues with the ecm going this route and that i should get the ecm reflashed before attempting to load the smarty. How much does the dealer charge for this and what is BD doing to the computer programing. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry to much. Just be sure to put the truck completely back to stock. Tire size, everything, etc.

Just make sure you do the programming at your house during business hours. If you have issues, Bully Dog or Bob should be able to take care of you. I wouldn't anticipate any problems. My buddy tried my Smarty on his 06, and he's had a Bully Dog on it before and since

well i sold the BD back before i deployed. I never adjusted the tire size but i think i left the rev limiter at 3400 and the speed limit at 130, plus i left the idle up feature enabled. Is that going to cause any issues?

no it worked when he recieved it. I performed the returning to stock procedure correctly. But the idle up feature via the cruise control was still operational, hence my concern over what you had previously told me.

hmm... I've got a buddy that works for Bully Dog tech. I'd be happy to give you his contact info. I think you'll be fine in the end, but there's always the chance that you'll have to have Bully Dog or Smarty hook you up with a recovery :eek:

If you load the Smarty at home in the morning on a Monday, you'll be golden

we tried a bd on an 06 That we had a smarty on, after the dyno, we put truck back to stock, then loaded the smarty, truck has had a abs and ebrake light on since, it might be off now, ill have to ask if it is still on or not, Pretty sure he had the dealer reflash it