BD Truckin' Nationals - Mission Raceway Mission, BC June 4th and 5th

Looks like we won't have DirtyMax there (wounded too many parts in Spokane), but I'll be there in the old F350 and probably my gasser too.

Hmm, was just looking at the Canada West Doorslammer rules. Looks like you have to run an 8.70 or quicker to qualify, but you can dial up to 0.2 slower than your qualifying pass. If my car responds similarly to a friend's car that runs identical ETs on motor only, I could spray just a tiny bit to run 8.60's... I'd have to pull the nitrous system out of my other car and put it into the faster one, not sure if I'd have time to do that before the race...

What time do they open for the test & tune on Fri? I might make it up for that, especially if I'm running my gasser on Sat.

You have to book the TNT on the Friday. Book asap as it fills up quickly.

Looks like we won't have DirtyMax there (wounded too many parts in Spokane), but I'll be there in the old F350 and probably my gasser too.

Hmm, was just looking at the Canada West Doorslammer rules. Looks like you have to run an 8.70 or quicker to qualify, but you can dial up to 0.2 slower than your qualifying pass. If my car responds similarly to a friend's car that runs identical ETs on motor only, I could spray just a tiny bit to run 8.60's... I'd have to pull the nitrous system out of my other car and put it into the faster one, not sure if I'd have time to do that before the race...

Some pretty fast cars in this class. Very competitive. Be cool to see you run it. #1 qualifier is usually in the 6.80 range, with the bulk in the mid to high 7s.

Thanks for the info Pat! Is the doorslammer class "All-run" or a limited qualified field (like 16 or 32 cars)? From their rules it looked like all-run but was not specific.

It's probably a moot point anyway, having to do some repairs to the tow rig this week, and it's not leaving enough time to do any changes to the race car. I used to enjoy running Quick 16 events back when a low-9 second doorslammer was quick around here. I daydream about building a decent Duramax for my car that could get it down to low 8's and make some of these events.

Thanks for the info Pat! Is the doorslammer class "All-run" or a limited qualified field (like 16 or 32 cars)? From their rules it looked like all-run but was not specific.

It's probably a moot point anyway, having to do some repairs to the tow rig this week, and it's not leaving enough time to do any changes to the race car. I used to enjoy running Quick 16 events back when a low-9 second doorslammer was quick around here. I daydream about building a decent Duramax for my car that could get it down to low 8's and make some of these events.

They were going to run a 16 car field, but they decided not to run that way. If you run an 8.70 or quicker you make the field. If you ran it as a quick 16 you would basically have to run about a 8.00 or quicker to make the field. This is getting to be a very competitive class with some very fast cars. I really enjoy watching these guys. Our goal is to get the VW Beetle I tune to run the class. We are a half second away still which is a huge gap, but someday.

Hopefully we can make it there? We need to figure out our fuelling issue,may need a bigger Fass Pump?

They were going to run a 16 car field, but they decided not to run that way. If you run an 8.70 or quicker you make the field. If you ran it as a quick 16 you would basically have to run about a 8.00 or quicker to make the field. This is getting to be a very competitive class with some very fast cars. I really enjoy watching these guys. Our goal is to get the VW Beetle I tune to run the class. We are a half second away still which is a huge gap, but someday.

I still have a weak cylinder in my car (leaks down 60+ %), should run about a 9.15 or so at sea level (made some changes since the last time I ran 1/4-mile at sea level). I remember running a quick 16 at Boise's Nightfire/Bracketeer many years ago, and qualified near the quickest with a 9.60! Granted it was a high density altitude, but still how times have changed! At the Halloween Classic last year my buddy with the similar-running car (which is also certified only to 8.50 like mine), added a basic plate nitrous system and sprayed through most of 1st gear, got it down to something like an 8.48 to qualify on the bump of their Quick 16 class.

I can't wait to see Malcolm's Impaler running in the doorslammers!

It's good Shawn is going to be there. I think White Out can kick his old 6.0 canadian butt.

Last edited:
ken don't forget your walker, i'd hate to see rob have to carry your old ass around LOL

i've gone 11.2 on fuel a few times, hopeing to hit 10.9 on fuel in mission or at least thats myt goal

Not sure I'll make this one. Burned out with 16 hour days and not sure the parts will be done in time, even if I find the energy. At best it'll be a wounded short block with new bolt ons, as the new short block will not be done in time.

Sorry to hear that Rob! Is Ken still coming? It would still be worth the price of admission alone to see the Ken/Shawn deathmatch!

Back