BD Turbo

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
Does anyone have any experience BD turbos?

How does the Super B and the Super B special compares to a II 62/12?

From what I understand the BD super single is an s300G (57/65-14) and the Special is a 64/71-14. So the special is basically a sps64 and the super single is smaller than a ps62

I have the super single. If I wasn't working towards the bd twin setup, I would'nt recomend it. It cools better then the 35 but still gets too hot to tow with my 10 plate shoved all the way up. All I have for mods is a 5" exhaust, 10 plate and afc mods.

What hp will the super single support? I'm guessing the Special will support the same as a SPS 64/14

an s300g will support 425-450, nothing crazy but better than stock. Tuning is huge, and you have to be reasonable and make sacrifices.

If you haven't seen it yet, this question is similar
I believe smaller is better for hard towing, but bigger makes more power. There is such a thing as too big

I have the super b on my common rail and i like it. I have the smarty and edge juice with attitude and hot unlock. I also have 90 horse injectors. The only time the turbo gets hot is when i drag race. Its nothing a little water and meth can't cool. This turbo is awsome for towin and sled pulling. It is small but it sure does pack a punch. I have been placing the top 10 ten in the last 4 pulls and that was before i got the smarty.

You don't have enough fuel to support the turbocharger.

What kind of fueling upgrades can it handle? I'll be running a 100 plate, DDP3's (or something similar) a 3K gsk, P&P Fireringed head with a valve job, and a Helix II cam.

I put 532hp and 983 tq with a super b special on my 96 180hp pump. Great all round turbo imho. I run it with 370's,lc's, 22 timing ,4gsk,afc mods. Smokey with the laser cuts, but with 181's cleared up nicely even with junk 370's

I would say yes theyre are some trucks out there making 550 on them stilll very very streetable plus it spools so good you could prob. tow with it and not have issues.

I would say yes theyre are some trucks out there making 550 on them stilll very very streetable plus it spools so good you could prob. tow with it and not have issues.

No 12v's will make 550 on a Super B...maybe a Super B Special, but not the regular;)

A Super B handled a approx. 400hp on my old 95 just fine.

Chris

right, he asked so would the special be better I stated... yes there are some trucks making 550 on them. I personally know of one:rockwoot:

If your talking about me. I towed my mustang quite a bit with it, surge alittle but livable imo. Currently looking for a super b special for my dd. Went to a htt 66/16 on the 96

So the answer to a turbo that supports decent hp and is still towable is in the 62/12or14 category?

Thus far I understand that the 62 will be as streetable as the Super B, but support more hp.

yes the 62 will make more power than the 57mm super b, but you get the super b special 64mm you can make more power than the 62 and still be just as streetable.

No 12v's will make 550 on a Super B...maybe a Super B Special, but not the regular;)

A Super B handled a approx. 400hp on my old 95 just fine.

Chris

Did you get my PM Chris? How were your EGT's running it hard through the gears empty at 400hp?

Back