Begle's Water Injection

Begle1

Computer programmable 7-stage boost/ EGT/ RPM-referenced water/ methanol fumigation.

Work in progress. :bang

http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?p=20493

WaterGation022.jpg

WaterGation002.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

WaterGation033.jpg

Nice. How to the nozzles thread in? Are they being thread into the brass fittings for the water line?

Its amazing what they get, price wise, per foot for that clear plastic line huh...:doh: Its like $4/ft

I kind of... Eh... Acquisitioned that line from somewhere...

I got 4 foot sections of Swagelok stainless braided teflon that's going to go on there... I really don't want to melt through a line and quench the side of my very hot engine with cool water.

Here's the nozzles.
ACClutch.jpg

From left to right we have a 6.6GPH@100PSI, a 12.60GPH@100PSI and a 26.40GPH@100PSI.

I picked up three NPT male-male couplers, and tapped one side on each one. Then I filed off the points on the hex heads on the nozzles.
WaterGation011.jpg

Then I drilled and tapped them into the intake.
WaterGation012.jpg

http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?t=2576

how are the nozzles constructed? IE how are the diffusers attatched to the fittings? I'd be affraid of them engine up in the cylinder head :o

From what I can tell, the stainless steel diffuser is inserted into the hole, and then one of the sides of the brass hex is pressed in to hold in the diffuser. You can see the indent in the side of the rightmost nozzle in post #5, right where the diffuser attaches to the nozzle.

I'm afraid of the diffusers flying off too, but they're rated for 1000 PSI, so I'm thinking that they're pretty solid. Just don't know if they're rated for 100,000 miles... I'm gonna pull them out soon to see how they're doing. Whether or not the diffusers got any looseness in them.

Im a little concerned about atomization with that kind of flow and nozzle spacing being so tight.

ahh, I see the indent now...

yeah, it'll probably be fine, but like you said, pull them and check... I'm guessing they'll hold up fine and your inspection interval will reach infinity before long :D

It keeps me from pegging my pyro. Now I only spend around 10 seconds at 1450 degrees on the quarter mile, but no pegging...

I was programming it for 7 stages yesterday instead of 3, and my box died. Cooling Mist says I need to reflash it... That's the most recent thing that's happened.

Cooling Mist has EXCELLENT customer support, by the way. Last few emails I've sent them have been responded to in less than an hour.

Next step is 1000 PSI... I can't decide whether to use an off-the-shelf 120 volt model from eBay along with a big inverter, or to put a starter motor on a CraigsList washer pump. Whatever route I go, I'm going to need to use a couple nitrous solenoids... That'd give me three stages for the 1000 PSI water, then I use the finer control of the 150 PSI system for methanol mix.

But before I play with more water, I need something like an intake or exhaust or injectors or something.

Back