Belltech 6594 Drop hangers and shackles assistance needed

zrultima

I am installing belltech drop shackles and hangers and well i was able to install the shackles but when i try to install the hangers the eyebolt on the leaf springs dont coincide with the drop hanger. its probably half an inch off how do adjust it to coincide? Any help would be greatly appreciated the instructions leave alot to be desired I calld Belltech and they couldn't tell me so I need to find help elsewhere thank you

When I change out springs I always bolt the spring to the hanger then bolt up the shackles. The movement in the shackles allows for easier alignment.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

tried using a jack or a ratcheting tiedown strap on the leaf to position it?
I have a set of DOR rear hangars and shackles to install but the leaf lines right up with the exhaust and Im too broke to mess with that right now, so have not installed yet. What are you doing with the exhaust?

The exhaust is not in the way. The front rear hangers when bolted into the chassis when jacking the leaf spring to attempt to line up the bolt hanger hole with the leaf spring hole don not match up at all. its about 1/2 inch forward and up that it has to be moved to line up with the shackle i will try to post a pic

Badbowtie I tried to just remove the shackles but I still couldnt get the front hanger to align. I went ahead and even bolted the front rear hanger to the eye bolt first completely and removed the rear shackles still could not get the hanger to align with the chassis only one hole maybe close to two but nothing.

Are you sure you didn't end up with third Gen hangers? Third Gen springs are longer that would explain why you can't get stuff to line up.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Honestly, Thuren was telling me a lot of guys with the 2nd gens and rear suspension issues had good results moving to the 3rd gen leafs but you need to move the mounts around a bit. Not sure if the 3rd gen had that stupid ginormous block like the 2nd, but if not would need a special offset plate to get the pinion in the right spot.
I may just take a chop saw / welder to the exhaust and install my shackle kit.

No i got it to finally line up it seems you have to remove the u bolts completely and move the differential for everything to line up. I am now just having trouble removing the rivets on the driver side anyone have any one suggestions??

The rivets on the OEM leaf hangar? grind them flush and tap them through with a drift. you can use bolts in place if you ever go back to stock.
Did you get an offset block to move the axle back into the right spot? The kit I got came with one.

Last edited:
Yes it came with a pinion shim but I will not install it since i am doing the front also if it starts wobbling once I get to highway speeds then I will install them

same kit here. I installed he shims. it still wants to shake a little under accel. but i have traction bars, so.... hopefully it will hold up.