Belt # for dual CP3 kit.

onetun

Looking for the belt # or part # for the belt used on the PPE dual cp3 kit.
Thanks
Rob

Source Auto sells a belt that is just a touch longer than the one the kits come with. Makes it way easier to slide over the tensioner.

Is that # with or without AC? I need the number for without AC

Anyone know of a replacement "non squeak" belt for the Evil Twin cp3 kit? When I shut down the engine, I get a horrible squeak/squeal from the belt.

Jared

The belt is the OEM belt for a 2000-2003 Ford 7.3l with Ambulance package (Dual Alt.). Any auto parts store will carry the various brands of belts.

Anyone know of a replacement "non squeak" belt for the Evil Twin cp3 kit? When I shut down the engine, I get a horrible squeak/squeal from the belt.

Jared

Jared,

The squeak is your tensioner going bad/losing tension. A new belt will not cure it, only a new tensioner will ;)

I don't have the part number right now, but Give Source Auto a call. I was having the terrible squeek issue with my dual cp3 kit, and the belt they sent me not only fit better, but solved my squeek issue.

The belt is the OEM belt for a 2000-2003 Ford 7.3l with Ambulance package (Dual Alt.). Any auto parts store will carry the various brands of belts.

Jared,

The squeak is your tensioner going bad/losing tension. A new belt will not cure it, only a new tensioner will ;)

What would cause it to go bad with less than 50,000 miles on it? I put a new one on when I did the twins a year and a half ago. Think the belt is too tight? It was an EXTREMELY tight fit even with the tensioner pulled ALL the way in with two people.

Jared

Jared

I use the Gates k081377. No squeaks and fits better than the Napa. Amazon has them for $35.

ahhh,, cool,, thanks Greg!

Sweet..! Thanks.

You should also change the idler pulley to the same smooth pulley that is on the tensioner and run the belt from the alt to the top pump under it. ;)

You can find the pulleys on ebay.

2533700570033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

Back