Best 7.3 programmer

duramax18

My buudy has a 97 7.3 and was wondering what programmer he should buy. He was looking at the dp and tony wildman but isnt sure.

they're both basically the exact same thing, if he likes to turn an old fashioned knob to change tunes, go with tw, if he likes to push a set of buttons go with dp.... BUT i've also heard some rumors that tw runs smoother with single shot injectors (94.5-97) and that dp runs smoother with split shot injectors (99-03)

I know nothing about the fords, i just know i sold a old style evolution to a buddy in his 01 ford 7.3, i basicly got that one because of the price. He loaded up the 100hp tune and he is very happy with it. Comming home from the races last week with my 04.5 trailer in tow with my 4k+ race truck on it, i ran a ford 3/4T with a 7.3 and some sort of tuner loaded up to the max he said, of course he was an empty truck and i had a trailer and still out ran him. We ran from 60 to 118 where mine shuts off, we stayed side by side till prob. 80mph then that cummins came alive on him... but when mine stopped at 118 quess what here comes the ford.. it will run faster on the top, more rpms not more power...

I know nothing about the fords, i just know i sold a old style evolution to a buddy in his 01 ford 7.3, i basicly got that one because of the price. He loaded up the 100hp tune and he is very happy with it. Comming home from the races last week with my 04.5 trailer in tow with my 4k+ race truck on it, i ran a ford 3/4T with a 7.3 and some sort of tuner loaded up to the max he said, of course he was an empty truck and i had a trailer and still out ran him. We ran from 60 to 118 where mine shuts off, we stayed side by side till prob. 80mph then that cummins came alive on him... but when mine stopped at 118 quess what here comes the ford.. it will run faster on the top, more rpms not more power...

Garret?

What does Garret mean? This guys name is David if this was what your asking?? I think he is running a super chips tuner and had it on the 60-70hp tune, the highest it had... i am curious to the top end on that truck, it looked like it was just fixing to really get rolling??? I thought those fords shut off in the 90's--- does the SC delete that?

most tuners delete the top speed on 7.3s... my truck has hit about 120 in a VERY short burst.... my radar detector beeped and i had to get out of it... but yeah i've heard 140+ out of 7.3s before... that's of course with 3.55 gears... mine has 4.10s

Ya his is a crew cab 4x4 so not sure what gears either but when he finally let out he had went several truck lengths ahead of me in a hurry, id say 125 or so anyway. And not 2 miles later on the highway we passed a highway boy that had a car pulled over, minutes later that guy called me and said that black/white heard us racing and hes creep up on us with his lights out and been watching us close...... i didnt play his game though i pulled over to the shoulder right quick and let him turn on his lights and go on around, he was waiting back there for us to run again, and sure enough we would have if David had not noticed the cop.....close one for sure... later Ryan

Dockboy was running DP Tuner with his truck when he had a 7.3.

I think Dave was just saying that DI has some good tunes and should be an option as well as TW and DP. There are some pretty fast 7.3's out there runnin DI tunes.

ok then name what the fast 7.3s are running.... 90% of the fast 7.3s are running either TW or DP

Where's the list of all the fastest 7.3's at (Top 10)? If it's been kept up with, I think you'll be surprised at th programs they're running. For instance neither bigr or blow-by are running either of those tunes.

I'll see if I can find that list again.

There is fast 7.3s out there running tw, dp, di, and some others. Personally i use DP. But in my opinion it all comes down to your relationship with the tuner and their willingness to help you out.