Best aftermarket Track Bar.. ?

Hey guys, I need a track bar BAD!! I need it within like a week. I can get a stock OE from local parts store for 130 with lim. life time warrante. But I would really like to have an adjustable aftermarket one. I will be puttin on a 4.5 skyjacker lift in 2days. It comes with a drop bracket so I can use my stock track bar still. But regardness i need a new one so I can get rid of my death wobble. I was wondering if I get one thats for 4" of lift or more (example the one from skyjacker), will that eliminate that drop bracket? It would probably be less likely to have the death shake without that bracket correct? Anyways.. Dont Thuren offers one for stock to 3". And one for 5" + I called him.. heck of a nice guy, he said I could prob use the smaller one with the drop bracket. But i didnt really mention I'd like to get rid of the drop bracket completely if it will help. But he is also on a 2wk waiting list. Skyjacker makes a bar that goes from 4"-7" or something like that. Its around $277. What do yall recomend I do? Which bar is the best!! ? Thanks

I love my Thuren. I think its built as strong as the Cummins.
Well worth the wait. You can also get rid of the drop bracket with the thuren.
One thing you can do is go to AutoZone and buy one of theirs (duralast $139.99 lifetime warranty also), put it on, order the Thuren and then take the AutoZone one back. Tell them its not a quality piece.
You can also go with the tracbar conversion.
SolidSteel.biz - Home of the Dodge Steering Stabilizer

I ordered the DTT Profab track bar and love the way it installed. Eliminates the ball joints on the trackbar. It came with all the parts needed and great instructions. It's size is so much bigger than the stocker. Here are some pics of the bar and end links before I installed it.

IMG00025.jpg

IMG00024.jpg

I ordered the DTT Profab track bar and love the way it installed. Eliminates the ball joints on the trackbar. It came with all the parts needed and great instructions. It's size is so much bigger than the stocker. Here are some pics of the bar and end links before I installed it.

IMG00025.jpg

IMG00024.jpg

Isnt it DT not DTT.
Your going to get people calling the tranny shop for a trackbar.:hehe:

Isnt it DT not DTT.
Your going to get people calling the tranny shop for a trackbar.:hehe:
That is a result of not reading my post before submiting it. you are right it is a DT. Mine is adjustable to up to 4' of lift. The also make one for trucks lifted of 4 inches.

Another vote for Thuren...pretty much all my front end is his parts, and the only reason it still sucks is the factory junk steering box. Everything else is tight as it was when I put it on there! Tracbar, crossover steering, steering stabilizer, shocks, and shock towers.

Chris

Thanks for the info guys!! I went with the skyjacker mainly bc I found one locally in stock for a decent price (250) and since i was kinda in a hurry it worked out. Hope it turns out to be a good bar! THanks

Another vote for Thuren...pretty much all my front end is his parts, and the only reason it still sucks is the factory junk steering box. Everything else is tight as it was when I put it on there! Tracbar, crossover steering, steering stabilizer, shocks, and shock towers.

Chris

Don in nice guy,lots of desert racers use his parts

Back