best chip for the cummins

CSAKing

k i know im a psd guy but im doing a little research. say i was to get a 03 cummins what would be the best chip/other upgrades to make some decent hp#s? just wondering thanks guys

We've seen some good numbers out of pretty stock trucks with the SMARTY alone, and Diablo Sport Tuner/Puck Stack

CSAKing said:
k i know im a psd guy but im doing a little research. say i was to get a 03 cummins what would be the best chip/other upgrades to make some decent hp#s? just wondering thanks guys

TST fueling box fuels HARD but lots of power...the tranny and fuel system however will not be able to keep up. Smarty is nice. Van Aaken C5 is supposed to be able to adjust pressure, duration, timing and cure male pattern baldness, ED and bring world peace.

this is an opinion question. There is no 100% right or wrong answer.

Can you give us an Idea of what you'll use the truck for? Do you care about "on-the-fly" adjustability or will a Flash tuner work?

smarty/tst stack

o turbo and fuel upgrades and clutch or built auto
and cp3 ugrade maybe duels if needed

From what I've seen if your're wanting easier power you might look into an 04.5 and up 600 series motor. Seems like the injectors from better from the factory.

Yes 04.5 had better injectors

03-04 need some help in the catagory but if your looking for 500 hp 03-04

i am buildint a 03 up and shooting for 500hp and when the day comes i will shooting for more hp

dzlfarmboy said:
We've seen some good numbers out of pretty stock trucks with the SMARTY alone, and Diablo Sport Tuner/Puck Stack

I think he is talking about my truck here.

Here is my Dyno for my STOCK 06 CTD with just a Puck/Predator stack on it and a stock clutch. These are the only upgrades I have made, stock fuel system, stock exhaust (muffler delete), stock intake (afe torque tube). I was running the Extrame RKL tune and Puck on 90 for my best # of 462/816

DynoChart9-15-07.jpg

:bow: Iam with 06 Diesel thats the same set up iam running preator and puck

exaust and tq tube and boost fooler
what a small world

The best part about the Diablo Predator/Puck stack is it is CHEAP. I got it and a boost fooler for $451 shipped from an online vendor. I think that is really cheap for the power that it made.

Smarty, with a ton of downloads and updates galore. everything you would want and need for future expansion.

nice numbers 06, i am leaning tword the predator puck stack and those are good numbers to see

Baylor5.9 said:
nice numbers 06, i am leaning tword the predator puck stack and those are good numbers to see

Thanks, and just remember that is with a stock clutch that was slipping. They should be higher when I get a clutch to hold the power.

k well thanks for all the feed back i think i have made a decision i think im going with the tst stacked with the mp8 what do yall think? from what ive seen i can get good #s and then have some room later on down the road for some injectors and mabey a new turbo? what do yall think of all this? also can anyone give me some ideas for some tranny upgrades??? thanks guy

Might wanna look into a Smarty as they have just proved evidence that they can fuel to 4000 rpms now which i dont believe any other company can do yet. Thats the one thing holding these CR back from Really Smashing world records.