best DV'S for my setup

chuggins10

hey guys i put the ddp4's on my new truck the other day wat i have is a 95 12v hx35 on top hx 60 on bottom a 160 pump with lc dv's and it is way to much fuel i was wanting to know wat you guys think would be the best for my truck... i am wanting the truck for quarter mile.. and i am fixing to put a set hx 40 on top and bht3e on bottom help me out guys thanks....Chris

dieseloutlaw1 said:
well, buy ourself a commonrail, and dont worry about anything but tires....
hah, you're funny

I'd try taking a step back to 191's. I just took the 022's out of my truck this afternoon and stuck some 181's back in there. Truck doesn't rock at idle anymore, no haze, and I don't completely cover the person behind me in black smoke. They're a little on the light side. So I think 191's will be a happy median..

strokinnochokin said:
why do u think 022?? wta is the difference in those

they are more cut than 191s

they will flow more fuel supposebly but having run laser cuts with twins as well as 181s, with my injector (dragon flys) the truck was way too smokey and the seat of the pants kick was good, but not worth the extra smoke... not as impressive on the top end as i thought it would be... I myself find 191s to be a happy medium.. plus i tow, and i tow heavily, so even then with 181s at 10K lbs of towing behind me, egts get a bit toasty.... so its not even worth the tradeoff...

Rick

Can anyone explain in order of which DV's are small,medium,large,XL,XXL etc...? are 022 larger than 191? or is it LC DV's are larger than all of them ???
Anyone care to sum up which DV is good for what use? (ex. LC are good for full time sled puller etc...but not drag racing)

Where is everyone getting their DV's from. My .191s came with the truck. I have a budy thats wanting to put some 181s in but cant find any. Would a good pump shop have em?

well I guess I was wrong, I had 024 DV's (never heard of em). A little too much for my 215 pump. But my buddy said they worked great in his wife's truck with the 160 pump.

I'm told if you take a full cut plunger with a 131 barrel you get a .022 DV. Has anyone done this?

I am running 191s with the 40/3B and I smoke...........alot!!! I am thinking of going back to 181s.

Smokem said:
022's have a 0.56mm shoulder, full cuts or laser cuts have no shoulder.
OK I see. :thankyou2: Didn't we have pics of these in another forum?

I could take some pics later, I have some full cuts, .022s and 181s in my toolbox.