Best engine oil for an LMM

I'd go with Amsoil...we have 5 DPF equipped trucks and have to run CJ-4 like you and Amsoil has been working the best...get an oil analysis kit and change accordingly...filter every 5K $.02

I'd go with Amsoil...we have 5 DPF equipped trucks and have to run CJ-4 like you and Amsoil has been working the best...get an oil analysis kit and change accordingly...filter every 5K $.02

What kind of filter. I run an Amsoil filter and thought they lasted longer. I also have a gallon of the Amsoil oil that I need to get rid of(5-40).

rotella 15w -40 with amsoil filter. worked for me so far with 33,000 miles

Highfinance97,
I know that this is my first post and I'm NOT trying to be a know it all, because I'm not. I've spent time and money to answer this question myself. The following is what I use and who I'm working with. The word "BEST" does not come cheap, you get what you pay for.
According to Terry Dyson, who has more than 25 years of independent oil analysis interpretation and consultation work. RLI SHP HD BIOSYN 15W40 LOW ASH will blow away most, if not all known fluids for diesels!! RLI oils are not API approved but that meens nothing to Terry . There not even CJ-4 approved but will work great! (On RLI web site the SHP 15W40 LOW ASH is not listed but IS available, just ordered 3 gallons today.)

Here is Terrys link dyson ANALYSIS Terry is an AWSOME guy!! If you really want to know what you oil is doing, sent him your sample, or an e-mail with a few quetions and he WILL answer!

Here's the link to RLI Renewable Lubricants, Inc.

My two cents,
P.W.

He is one heck of a guy that know's what he is talking about when it comes to lubs!!!Tell him John Timmerman sent you.

PS
Let us know how you made out.

What kind of non-synthetic oil would be best, that can be had at the local auto parts places? Delo, Rotella, Mystic? Royal Purple is available around here but it is $20-$30 a gallon...

Delo and Rotella are good oils. Might try Delvac it has produced some great UOAs.

Back