Best fuel milage programmer for 04 6.0?

My stepdad has an 04 6.0.. Hes only getting about 11 MPG... What programmer would be the best for better fuel milage?

i have an sct, with a eco tune from eric, and i get between 19-22 on highway, and 15-18 around town

i get about the same on DJ's looney. Just got the a new econ tune that i haven't tried yet, but i hope it does even better.

BFD99 said:
your lifted KA Rainwater. He is not.
18" KMC Badlands w/33"s (soon to be 35"s)
2.5" skyjacker (soon to be 4.5")

:what:

Here is a topic that I started awhile back. General reply was that everyone got the best MPG on the "high" settings. I drive 70 and cant get better than 14 so I dont know how everyone else is getting more than that.

I filled my tank up to the cap in Laporte Indiana and drove to Virginia Minnesota on one tank. Read 615 miles, it took 30 gallons to fill up to the cap again. That was traveling 70-75 mph for about 550 of the miles and 40-60 mph for the rest.

My factory gauge said 22mpg on that trip, more like 20.5 by hand. Normal everyday driving yields me around 19.5mpg with fairly quick accelerations all the time.

I have been in 4wd for over 12 days and the factory gauge states 15.6mpg.

Good Luck to ya.

Drop a Cummins in;)

Mine varies, a lot. Generally I run the tow tune. On the interstate with cruise control I'll see ~19.5 with no headwind at 70+/-.

Headwind kills my mileage. If I drive under 65 my mileage jumps to about 22.5, but I hate driving slow so the benefit isn't worth it.

hey chad call me i have 4 different ones off my truck for sale come on over here and pick one out.

I put a SCT X3 on a 05 6.0 and the mileage got worse?? We tried eco, street, and performance, none of them would net over 11mpg. This guy does not drive hard at all, just puts around. It is a dually 4x4 with about 1000lbs of extra equipment. I have updated it to 109 and still no improvment. So I sent it back and got him a quadzilla race box, so far he has jumped up to 16mpg.

I am really a dodge guy so maybe I am missing somthing here? Maybe the X3's are terds?

What do you think the problem was?

Thanks guys!!:what:

i get 16-17 pn my extreme looney sct tune. this is with 35's and i pound the S*** out of it. with stock 31's on it i get 15

SPEEDSHIFT said:
I put a SCT X3 on a 05 6.0 and the mileage got worse?? We tried eco, street, and performance, none of them would net over 11mpg. This guy does not drive hard at all, just puts around. It is a dually 4x4 with about 1000lbs of extra equipment. I have updated it to 109 and still no improvment. So I sent it back and got him a quadzilla race box, so far he has jumped up to 16mpg.

I am really a dodge guy so maybe I am missing somthing here? Maybe the X3's are terds?

What do you think the problem was?

Thanks guys!!:what:
Try some custom tunes and not just the canned tunes that come on the X3...I just got a solid 18 mpg on my round trip to see family and friends for Christmas...I'm running DJ's Street Looney tune. This was highway cruising at 75 and alot of round town driving too...even drag raced my mom in her new Denali last night, that 6.2L Vortec is a hoss but she got SMOKED...lol

umm probably similiar but the triple is nowhere near as good as SCT.