best intake and exhaust on tight budget?

white07psd

i will be purchasing an exhaust and/or intake in the next few months. my truck only has 1000 miles on it and i wanna wait a few monthes until i get the sct. what is the best bang for the buck exhaust and intake? i want to spend no more then roughly 400 for the exhaust and 250 for the intake. i'd like for it to be a turbo exhaust but i'll settle for a catback if i have to. would i benefit anything other then loudness with a straight pipe on my stock exhaust over a catback? how much power can i expect from a good turbo back exhaust and intake?

try and find a used AFE Stage II and just straight pipe the exhaust. or a tymar intake. ooo how i love a six-o with exhaust

For the intake do a search on the zoodad mod. You just modify the stock intake and you are good.

Magnaflow 4" turbo back and an Airaid...that's a great combo to start with and fits right into your budget if you install it yourself.

UNBROKEN said:
Magnaflow 4" turbo back and an Airaid...that's a great combo to start with and fits right into your budget if you install it yourself.

Just make sure you wont need your cat again

nummit said:
Just make sure you wont need your cat again

ya dont NEED it to start with......
i want to *bdh* *bdh* out of the cat every time i see a truck with one on it.

_CH_ said:
ya dont NEED it to start with......
i want to *bdh* *bdh* out of the cat every time i see a truck with one on it.

LOL LOL
I hear ya'...just thinking about future dealer visits..you know how reliable these Powerstrokes are :hehe:

white07psd,

We can set you up with an AFE aluminized turbo back that keeps the cat in place with the optional cat test pipe for less than you asked about. As far as intakes we have a close out on the AFE Stage I in the high priced stainless steel housing for a bargain that's below your requested price too!!

Mark @ DPPI

Good point Pete..I tend to forget some people actually have warranties left...since mine has been destroyed for so long.
They'd open my hood and laugh me out of the dealer. LOL