Best Intake?

rizzle

So i finally made the switch to diesel and picked up an 07 2500HD Dmax. Got an exhaust on the way and have Edge w/ Juice on it now but was wondering what the best intake out there is. Was looking at the Banks intake but they are damn proud of that thing and wasnt wanting to spend that much on one. You guys have any preference or know what you will get the best flow out of? Airraid, K&N, J&D, aFe, etc etc?

On a side note, anyone know if Edge will support a DPF delete?

Thanks in advance!

the stock airbox will support to 500hp. If anything just do the PPE mod and get a drop in filter.

EDGE will not offer the DPF delete.

yeah the PPE race tuner is awesome and turns off the regen. I guess you could just use the juice for your gauges.

edge sucks for these new trucks, they worked damn good on the lb7 motor....ditch the edge fast before u have problems....i ran the s&b intake and it worked very well....also a very good price....i paid $250.....

A customer of mine bought a K&N set up for his truck, but he's had issues with it throwing MAF codes. Last I heard, he was sending it back to them. (And I'm not sure if they have a fix for the issue or what their plan is.)

k&n is a joke on these new trucks as well.....i havent heard anything good about k&n as of yet....just my opinion....

k-n in my dads 05 he didnt have any problems have heard of people over oiling them that might have something to do with it throwing a code to much oil on the map sensor

S&B is the way to go! I know a place to pick em up for $210! The edge sucks a**, I have 2 laying in the shop. I would not settle for anything other than PPE or Quad. PPE is much more hp but more money aswell.

I've looked for an S&B drop in and haven't found one. A lot of people praise their intakes though.

Stock is the best and flows the same as most aftermarket brands. stock is good up to 45-wrhp

I ran 471 and I believe there was a few more in an aftermarket filter of some sort.

k&n is a joke on these new trucks as well.....i havent heard anything good about k&n as of yet....just my opinion....

yes i agree i had an 06' lbz that i dropped a k&n in, and the oil on the filter screwed wth my maf sensor. it didnt take me long to throw that in the garbage and it also wasnt over oiled, right out of the package. im running 407rwhp with the stock air filter.

Back