Best intercooler?

styx53

What's the best intercooler on the market? I am looking for an extruded tube design, not bar and plate like most. I just bought a BD which I thought to be a good choice, but it was damaged in shipping. I am sending it back and the people I got it from are giving me my money back. I do not plan on getting another one from BD because the quality seemed very poor to me. The welds were not uniform at all and the cast tanks on the end were very rough on the inside( I wiped my finger across the inside of the tank and when I pulled it out there were very small metal flakes on it). I am looking for an extruded tube design, not bar and plate like most. With BD out of the picture, the only other people that I know that make extruded tube intercoolers are City Diesel(cool twist) and Joe Hellman. What are your opinions?

We have put on a few ICs from Hellmann and had good results. I think you will like the quality and fitment of his intercoolers. The man hours my god. And it works.

I should have my intercooler sprayer finished by this race season. I use Ice water. Cheaper than an aftermarket intercooler

I should have my intercooler sprayer finished by this race season. I use Ice water. Cheaper than an aftermarket intercooler

I think you will run into issues at certain places with that.

I think you will run into issues at certain places with that.

yea, I sprayed my intercooler with ice water in a windex bottle a couple times with no issues, I just don't hose it down. I figured that if I do that before the run, and then spray the light mist of ice water at the top of the intercooler after I start, I might be ok. Either that Or I'll just spray it with CO2

What are you gonna do with the truck?
I don't think any racetracks anywhere are gonna let you spray water to drip onto the track.

I'm thinking I should be able to get into the 12's when i get billet stuff for my trans. I've had no problems, hell at my track they spray down the burnout box with water on test n tune nights

Every track sprays the box....it's standard procedure really.
What they don't want...is people droping water on the racing surface.
We even ask people to turn off their AC in the summer months to keep any water at all off the track.

We had a guy out here running a CO2 bottle on his intercooler, and they changed the rules to say no compressed gasses.