Best Mileage WITHOUT DPF/EGR Delete.

J.Keith

Pro Diesel Tech
Curious to see how the mileage of my 6.7 compare to others that still have not done a DPF or EGR delete. With or without tuners.

For myself, I always keep VERY close tabs on my mileage when I'm driving a trip over 150 miles one way. Other than that I don't really keep that good of track of it.

Example.
Last weekend my wife and I drove from Loveland to Salida CO. 200 miles one way. This included a substantial amount of mountain driving and then about 6 miles of off road 4x4 driving. 95% of the trip was 65-70mph driving though.
I filled the truck right to the bottom of the vent in the filler neck just before we left town. Kept track of the mileage both with the odometer and GPS. Total mileage on the trip was 427.3. When we got home I filled the truck again to right at the bottom of the vent in the filler. Used 20.47 gallons. Making the MPG 20.87. The overhead computer showed 20.6mpg average.
This was running the Bully Dog on Tow with 35'' tires.

I have made several other trips of even greater length and have seen anywhere from 19.7 to 21.6 when I am able to maintain constant speeds for at least 1.5 hours on end.

So, how does this compare to what others are seeing?
I'm curious to know what it would do with a DPF/EGR delete now.

Jeremy

Here is the time line and mileage for my truck.... I too keep VERY close tabs on mileage and maintance in my fuel book. Bought the truck May of 07. 85% of my miles are highway and empty.

0-10k miles: bone stock - 13 mpg hway
10k-13k: New wheels and tires - 305/45R22 - 12 mpg
13k-30k: added TS MP-8/intake - 16 mpg
30k-50k: deleted just DPF - 18 mpg
50k-present 65k: Blocked EGR - 18.5 mpg

I just put the stock tires back on for the winter and my first tank was 19 mpg.