best mods for $3k

Wozxxx86

i need money
first off this isnt my truck, its my buddies.
02' 3500 allison of course
all thats done to it so far is 4in half way then to 5 with no muff

now he has 3 grand to spend and isnt worried about the tranny for sum reason. so whatwould be the best mods for the said amount of money also he was lookin at an edge. are there an better ones? other than efi live

this is his DD and he does yank the sled twice a year

If he doesnt want a tranny Id say a Diablo predator since he cant use the complete capasity of say a PPE hot+2. A good lift pump, guages (boost pyro and fuel pressure), set of traction bars. Possibly an intake. Maybe a downpipe to let it breath a little better. If I was him I would seriously look into EFI though. Dollar for dollar it WILL NOT be beat!

when i say he isnt worried about the tranny, i mean he knows hes gonna kill it.
what about that ,manifold without the pinch in it?
where can you get tunes for efi? is it like tweecer for the ford gassers where you can drive and tune at the same time? and finaly is there any reading material for live tuning like efi live for dummies

Edge CTS Insight as you gauges and DSP, AirDog 2, EFI LIVE, Intake of some sort.

AirDogII DF-165, Gauges, AFE Intake and EFI-live tuning. If there is money left over put it towards savings for a transmission and/or upgrade turbo. EFI-live tuning is the only way to go if he plans on going after more power down the road.

EFILive/DSP5, Airdog II/in-tank pickup, downpipe, S&B intake,and a good converter. Maybe a PPE boost valve or a Banks wastegate. Tie rod sleeves and spring clamps for his pulling.

ok. he for sum reason went with the edge w/ attitude. i went for a ride with him. first off, i wasnt that impressed even on lvl5. i noticed that there was hardly any smoke what so ever when he did a zero boost launch and none a WOT. now from what ive seen and heard, the lvl 5 on that modual should produce some smoke. which would explain the lack of wow factor i felt in my butt o meter. i know smoke dont mean power obviously. but for maxin out a 24psi i assumed a fair amount. i asked him when the last time he changed the fuel filter and i got a blank stair, anything else to tell him to do? or am i wrong in the amount of smoke i should be seeing? might add the he doesnt have the boost fitting and he did get s&b cai

That was a waste of money when the edge was bought imo... Have him change the low boost fueling to the max on the #5 tune if he has'nt already, it will smoke then, but will still be a slug. I always liked Quaudzilla tuning before i got EFIlive. That 135 Quad tune is a runner...