Best mods

07_powerstroke

I no nothing about these dodges just gona throw that out there.... What is the best tuner or chip,turbo,fuel pump, or lift pump for one of these trucks and stil be able to tow? The truck also has a 6 speed and the truck will have gauges... Do these engine benifit from a air intake and exhuast? Sorry for all the questions

Well best is a relative term. First make sure you get either a raptor or airdog lift pump to keep the injection pump well supplied and also a fuel pressure gauge to make sure you never have less than 10 psi. After that you can get a programmer like an edge comp or juice with attitude. You have a manual tranny so you won't have to worry about anything with that unless you smoke the clutch.

What do you mean the truck will have gauges? You don't have this truck yet? I assume you don't have the truck in your sig anymore since you're asking about dodges?

my 01 6 speed has too much done to it, looking to get rid of some stuff here shortly because i tow and haul heavy with it on a normal basis, but a friend of mine has a 99 6 speed, he has a airdog, a set of 100 horse injectors and a smarty. plus guages and a clutch, but he tows with it constantly and it is reliable.

I would first recommend upgrading the lift pump, you dont want the stock lift pump to go out and then have to buy and $1100 injector pump, I have a Raptor 150 gph and I love it, I have never had a problem with it. Second, do some of the easy bolt on stuff get a bhaf air filter cheap and easy for the cold air intake and I would atleast straight pipe your stock exhaust but if you have the cash go ahead and get a 4 incher(MBRP) and you'll be set, and if you don't have them already get a set of gauges so you know your engine vitals, being a manual tranny I wouldn't worry with a trans temp gauge, just boost, egt ,and fp(ISSPRO). Third I would go with the edge comp, I had one and its way better than anything else I have ever had. After that I would then get a clutch (Vailar). Then your ready for the power mods sticks turbos etc. But this should get you in the right direction.

Thanks Justin

It is a dodge 3500 with a dump box that will be hauling logs and split fire wood and it is for my uncle not me... I drove it today and boy they are slow lol they need to fix oil leaks b4 he buys it it is leaking fron the front case on the engine and the oil pan.

I would first recommend upgrading the lift pump, you dont want the stock lift pump to go out and then have to buy and $1100 injector pump, I have a Raptor 150 gph and I love it, I have never had a problem with it. Second, do some of the easy bolt on stuff get a bhaf air filter cheap and easy for the cold air intake and I would atleast straight pipe your stock exhaust but if you have the cash go ahead and get a 4 incher(MBRP) and you'll be set, and if you don't have them already get a set of gauges so you know your engine vitals, being a manual tranny I wouldn't worry with a trans temp gauge, just boost, egt ,and fp(ISSPRO). Third I would go with the edge comp, I had one and its way better than anything else I have ever had. After that I would then get a clutch (Vailar). Then your ready for the power mods sticks turbos etc. But this should get you in the right direction.

Thanks Justin

Thanks this is what i am looking for! I thought smarty was the best for dodge? Arnt alot of people stacking smarty and edge?

Are these chips or tuners?

There are no chips for these trucks; the ones I mentioned are fueling modules or "boxes".

Tuners I guess would be the same as programmers, so those would be superchips, the smarty, etc.

There are no chips for these trucks; the ones I mentioned are fueling modules or "boxes".

Tuners I guess would be the same as programmers, so those would be superchips, the smarty, etc.

How are the fueling boxes or modules installed?

Would all that oil come from the blow by tube? Is it normal for it to drip oil out the tube after a 10min test drive it was just one drop i seen? The truck never smoked on the cold start and the temp was around 30*

I wouldn't think so. My truck drips maybe 3 small drops out of the blowby tube but that's after sitting all night an checking it the next morning, open the oil cap on the valve cover an see how much it hazes after the truck has warmed up.

How are the fueling boxes or modules installed?

Hooking up a few wires via ring terminals and/or wire taps. Sensors routed into the harness hook up to the MAP sensor and data-link port. If you want more specifics, most of the manufacturers have installation instructions that can be downloaded from their respective websites.

Hooking up a few wires via ring terminals and/or wire taps. Sensors routed into the harness hook up to the MAP sensor and data-link port. If you want more specifics, most of the manufacturers have installation instructions that can be downloaded from their respective websites.

Ok thanks for the info

Most common place to leak oil it the shaft joining the power steering pump with the vacuum pump. $15 fix. From there it gets blown all over the pan and looks like its major.

I am going to get the quadzilla adren. should work good for what we are using the truck and is adjustable on the fly

I am running a pretty mild set up on my truck I only have a set of 125ddp sticks and a fuel pump I had the quad but didn't like it at all the truck shuttered even after I retuned I went with a drag comp and am much more impressed by the over all drivability of the truck, lower egt smoother power and it seems to be quite a bit quicker not to mention edges customer service is better then quadzilla