Best Oil

Frans96ss

ok i just got my truck last week and im about to change the oil.... what kind of oil does everyone use.... it has an sct tuner and a turboback mbrp exhuast...

I know Doug (PSDPlayer)spoke highly of Valvoline Blue synthetic. I am going to try it for my next oil change

nummit said:
I know Doug (PSDPlayer)spoke highly of Valvoline Blue synthetic. I am going to try it for my next oil change

Excellent oil in my opinion too...Just be prepared for the price

haha yeah i cant imagine buying 15 qt's of synthetic..... buying 5 for my camaro is enough haha

with a 6 oh no it really depends on the climate. I used to be a ford diesel mechanic. I had a lot of them that only liked the original equipment motorcraft 15w40. If you live in a cold climate then use 10w30 of youre choice. Hope this helps

Right..With the 6.0 you definetely want to avoid an oil that foams (the HEUI pump doesn't like foam)

the injectors don't like the foam....but they love synthetic oil....my 7.3's ran the same on mud as they did oil...but the 6.0 loves feash good oil...you can run a 5w-40 synthetic year round any climate....I use schaeffers 9000 and after 6000k miles has a TBN(additives) of 7.8 were 1 is low...you will need to do some oil analysis to tell how far you can go..my 2 cents...
j.schall

damn thats alot of diff suggestions haha.... should i change the oil every 3k or so like any other car?.... i hope not

I change mine every 20k or so.

AmsOil is awesome in my opinion.

I have done an oil anaylsis when I had 18k on the oil, it was fine.

Frans96ss said:
damn thats alot of diff suggestions haha.... should i change the oil every 3k or so like any other car?.... i hope not
Ford says 3500,5000 or 7500 depending on your environment and use..look in your manual for which you are.....now that is with non synthetic (dyno) oil...with synthetic oil you can go a lot more but you need to send samples to a lab (blackstone lab) to know how far is too far....you also need to know if you have fuel in your oil (common with lots of idling and city driving) cause that will dictate you interval miles as well....
j.schall

Yupp.

Lets say for a base mileage well use 10,000 miles.

So at 10k, I changed the oil and filter.

Well @ 17k, I will replace the filter (Service #1)

@ 24k, I will replace the filter again (Service #2)

@ 31k, I will replace the oil and filter (Service #3)

I run this schedule in all company trucks with no probs!!!