Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Yellow Top

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Blue Top

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Which one would be good for the CTD Application, and would take some drain downs but will recharge and hold it. Left the bottle heater on a while ago and drained them. Then i left the key on the other day while in the shop, and i think there toast. Original batts. And also if their smaller has anyone ever put 2 in one tray and got rid of the passenger tray for more room, for like twins. Also which model you've used.

Thanks Brett

Single yellowtop optima on drivers side. I've killed one so far by leaving the alarm connected for 6 months without starting it. It wouldn't hold a charge. :( I've also had a charged yellow top sit for 6months with no load on it. It started a Jeep without hesitation and then sat for another 6 months. I put that one in my truck (when I killed the first one) and it's been find ever since.

As always, Chris (Signature600) has a good lead on them.

joefarmer said:
Single yellowtop optima on drivers side. I've killed one so far by leaving the alarm connected for 6 months without starting it. It wouldn't hold a charge. :( I've also had a charged yellow top sit for 6months with no load on it. It started a Jeep without hesitation and then sat for another 6 months. I put that one in my truck (when I killed the first one) and it's been find ever since.

As always, Chris (Signature600) has a good lead on them.

So your thinkin just one, what model did you get? Hows just the one in some cold weather, not real cold here.

I run dual Reds...and I might try and move them both to the drivers side while I have the truck down...sure would make fitting my 5" x 24" AFE filter a lit easier! I think with some trimming they will fit, but it'll be tight!

I've drained mine in both trucks at least 4 times each, and they still start the trucks every day...as long as I don't let them sit for more than about 10 days, I don't have any trouble (I have lot's of electrical accessories;))
The key to bringing them back is a good charge...I like to put them on a 60A charge for 2 hrs, then a 40A for another 2 hrs, then on a 10A overnight!

I do seem to be able to beat everyone's price around here...but shipping could be the deciding factor, if there's no where to buy them local!

Chris

BTW, Brandon runs a Yellow top Group 34, and I run the same thing in a Dual post Red top. If you want one big Yellow, you could go with a Group 31, but I doubt it would fit on the drivers side of the engine compartment!

Chris

I've been running dual reds for 4yrs at least--been drained more than a couple of times--just recharge them by jumping the truck and letting it run for 15 or so minutes and they're still working fine----but I may go to a single when I put the twins back on, but we will see-----chris

I have dual Yellows in my 02 they work great. I have a red in our Jeep. That is the third vechile it has been in. The date on the tag says JULY of 1998! Still cranks it up every day twice a day!:rockwoot:

I have the 31 yellow on my drivers side in my 96. It startes it just fine on 1 battery at 0*F.
Brand: Optima Battery
Product Line: Optima YellowTop Deep Cycle 12 Volt Batteries
Part Type: Batteries, Automotive
Battery Usage: Deep cycle
Volts: 12 V
Battery Terminals: Top
Battery Type: AGM
Cranking Amps at 0 Degrees F: 900 amps
Cranking Amps at 32 Degrees F: 1,125 amps
Reserve Capacity: 155 minutes
Length (in): 12.812 in.
Width (in): 6.500 in.
Height (in): 9.375 in.
Weight: 60 lbs.
BCI Group Number: 31T

I have the yellow 34 in my 1st gen. I won it at a dhra race Optima sponsored in 2004.

wonder how hard it will be to put dual yellows in my bumper???

getting cables made would be the hardest part i suppose.

I am running dual group 31 yellow tops in the stock locations. It takes a little trimming and different hold downs to fit.

I have run mine way down several times, and they keep coming back, but they take a long time to charge. I had to be jump started several times this last winter, as my commute was not near long enough for the batteries to be charged sufficiently.

Isn't a certain yellow top model small and could fit, 2 in the drivers side box location sideways with a little modifacations to open up some room for turbo plumbing on the other side. Thought i saw a pic of a setup like that a while back.

I see alot of ford cummins conversions that run 2 on the drivers side. not sure about your dodge though. little group 28's i think