best plan of attack to reach 700-750HP with smarty tnt/ edge hot stack?

ovrdrv

Just looking for some input/ feedback on nozzles, turbo and cp3 setup. Will II 85% flow cp3 work? Trying to stay away from twins if possible (harder to work on after) but would like to stay reasonably smoke free for the street.

Ditch the Edge. What do you do with the truck? 750hp truck is going to be difficult to be smoke free without out twins

I think he's talking about Twin pumps. And ditch the edge it's not good to use with the smarty.

i am in the same boat,

but motor is pulled and awaiting install of cam springs injectors ect.....650-700ish

ther are plenty of options....search

I got there with Flux 3.3s, Helix 2 cam, II PS 62 over S474, dual pumps, and SMARTY. Need to also think about studs, FASS / Air Dog or equivalent, and obviously gauges. Then there's the tranny. It never ends..... :hehe:

My limiting factor as of the last dyno was air and EGTs. That's been addressed, and I need to get back on the dyno to see where I am at.

Problem with a single charger from my perspective is street manners and EGTs. Getting there is one thing, making street usable power is going to take careful consideration of air volume and quality if you will. The cam helps a lot!

My two bits.

If your not going to do Dual cp3's, I think you'd be better off going with a Floor It Stage 3 at least...John is coming out with a Stage 4 that is supposed to flow much like duals!!! I say call John at Floor It ! Once you speak with him about these things, you will truly Know that He's the only way to go!! If I can say one thing about John, He is TRULY about Quality, Not Quantity like the other guys that do cp3 mods.....You will NOT be disappointed

As for 700-750 on the street....Twins (turbos) are deffinately gonna be needed to keep the smoke down!! I'm very happy with my street manners (will be again when I get the new puck setup from Htt)...I leave my truck on KILL all the time and If I'm not too heavy footed I can keep from smoking pretty easy!!! When my truck is running right, It's right around 780-800 on the street....

If you looking for the most power and Least Smoke, You Won't find anything better than F1 diesel Flux injectors!! Just ask around, You'll see.....

Do a Cam upgrade to also keep the smoke down!!! F1 Helix2 is what I run and it works great!!

Good Luck!!!

Just looking for some input/ feedback on nozzles, turbo and cp3 setup. Will II 85% flow cp3 work? Trying to stay away from twins if possible (harder to work on after) but would like to stay reasonably smoke free for the street.

hmmmmmmm, smoke free 750 hp on the street with a single? no.

Reasonably smoke free? Depends on what you feel is reasonable.

The 85% pump is a solid unit. II isn't my favorite place to deal with, but they are the lesser of two evils in my opinion. The 85% pump is a solid performer, and you don't have to play roulette with your pump wondering if you'll ever see it again.

For the price of a single modded pump, you can get duals. Call Brown's Diesel and talk to Erick.

800hp with twins is more driveable than 700 with a single. I've had a silver bullet, A5K, and now source automotive 64/S480. Been there, done that. Go with a 64/14/71 for now, and get the rest of the kit from source when you can save the cash.

By the time you go through a couple of chargers trying to squeeze 750 out of a driveable single, you could have had twins.
If you have to have a single, look for an s400 based unit.

If you go with duals and twins, flux 4's haze lightly and can be driven without too much smoke.

If you go single pump, single turbo, don't go much bigger than a flux 3.

-jp

Everyone is right on the money on this one, I would stick with the 85% pump from Industrial its a great pump and will put you where you want to be, Dual CP3's is also another avenue to go down and would be a great setup. As it goes for injectors II has many different models you can go with and i would insist on getting ahold of Brett and Industrial and tell him what your trying to do with your truck and how clean you also want it to run, I would suggest you running twins with your setup, a 62 or 64 over a bigger S400 series turbo or Industrials race twins would do you perfect but might give you a little haze till you get on them. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions on ANY Industrial Injection products and ill point you the right way. A cam is gonna REALLY help you alot and there are many great options out there, Diesel Pros camshafts and the Helix line up would be your best bet to go with,

Good luck on your build and cant wait to see it what you put to the ground :evil

Taylor M.

Ditch the Edge juice that with the smarty's timing you will have to build another motor in a few months if you ran that setup! I think you can be reasonable with the smoke but you will have to trun the smarty way down to keep the smoke at a minimal.

The only thing that i'm using the edge for right now is gauges. hoping to get away with single cp3 because i've got fs2500 underhood mount kit. NADP Race tranny and fass 150 already installed. waiting to do studs when i do inj tips. only use the truck to go to work and back mostly, in 4 yrs i haven't even hit the track or dyno yet. also wondering which tt kit is the best/ cleanest install

The only thing that i'm using the edge for right now is gauges. hoping to get away with single cp3 because i've got fs2500 underhood mount kit. NADP Race tranny and fass 150 already installed. waiting to do studs when i do inj tips. only use the truck to go to work and back mostly, in 4 yrs i haven't even hit the track or dyno yet. also wondering which tt kit is the best/ cleanest install

I installed my Source Automotive twin turbo kit a couple weeks ago. Everything fit like a glove. I've installed A LOT of aftermarket parts on my truck and almost all of them required some kind of modification to work right. This kit bolted right on and worked like it should out of the box.

Powdercoat was top notch, welds were good, and I actually ended up with extra parts when it was all said and done -- no running to the hardware store looking for bits and pieces.

Money well spent in my opinion. Wish I would have saved the hassle and went twis right off the bat.

-jp

Ditch the Edge juice that with the smarty's timing you will have to build another motor in a few months if you ran that setup! I think you can be reasonable with the smoke but you will have to trun the smarty way down to keep the smoke at a minimal.

Can you explain this comment. I have run this stack for about 2 1/2 years with no problem. On the street I run the smarty on 2 no timing and use the edge to pick different levels. At the track edge is on 0 and then I use bigger levels w/timing on the smarty. I cant say I like the stack but I had the edge and then bought the smarty so I used both with probs. But I am getting ride of the edge.

Bob.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff203/zacheryhamilton/Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Single 66
120hp injectors
Zz side flow intake
smarty tnt
ts- mp8
II 85% pump
Dual feed line
H2 on first run
HD 181/210 on second
110# springs
HD pushrods
BD intercooler

Later after some tuning this combo made right around 731hp.
It is very streetable using a 66 single with a 1.10 non gated housing and an external 38mm gate. It smokes on the bottom end and then cleans up to a slight haze after the turbo spools. After twins were bolted on, it gained a lot of power and is smokeless once the chargers come on. Hope this helps. Remember, there is more than one recipe to end up at 750hp. Look at combos of people that do well at your local dynos. Also, we have had the same experience with Rip's twins that a customer brought in. Straight bolt on, which is rare.

Zach

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff203/zacheryhamilton/Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Single 66
120hp injectors
Zz side flow intake
smarty tnt
ts- mp8
II 85% pump
Dual feed line
H2 on first run
HD 181/210 on second
110# springs
HD pushrods
BD intercooler

Later after some tuning this combo made right around 731hp.
It is very streetable using a 66 single with a 1.10 non gated housing and an external 38mm gate. It smokes on the bottom end and then cleans up to a slight haze after the turbo spools. After twins were bolted on, it gained a lot of power and is smokeless once the chargers come on. Hope this helps. Remember, there is more than one recipe to end up at 750hp. Look at combos of people that do well at your local dynos. Also, we have had the same experience with Rip's twins that a customer brought in. Straight bolt on, which is rare.

Zach

Nice. EGTS on the street?

Thanks for the input from everyone. it's given me alot of great places to check out. looks like twins will be the answer, now to choose the right trouble free kit. source auto's kit looks pretty clean.

Nobody here can say that Nathan at MPI doesn't make a great twin kit!!

MPI is the way to go! I was very happy with fit and finish!

The comment

Can you explain this comment. I have run this stack for about 2 1/2 years with no problem. On the street I run the smarty on 2 no timing and use the edge to pick different levels. At the track edge is on 0 and then I use bigger levels w/timing on the smarty. I cant say I like the stack but I had the edge and then bought the smarty so I used both with probs. But I am getting ride of the edge.

Bob.

KMAN9090 is telling you there is overlap of what each product is doing. Both are doing timing,... both are doing duration and the Smarty (assuming you have the TNT-R) is doing pressure. A stack works best when you have different products filling the gaps that others aren't. Example: Smarty and TST stack. It doesn't work well. The Smarty does everything the TST does and so you get especially heavy overlap of duration and your truck doesn't like it. You can turn the TST WAY down and get maybe 20hp to 30hp is ALL. You can get more out of a pressure stack with the Smarty TNT-R than with the TST, for 1/2 the money. That's what he is talking about. Hope that helps explain the issue.

KMAN9090 is telling you there is overlap of what each product is doing. Both are doing timing,... both are doing duration and the Smarty (assuming you have the TNT-R) is doing pressure. A stack works best when you have different products filling the gaps that others aren't. Example: Smarty and TST stack. It doesn't work well. The Smarty does everything the TST does and so you get especially heavy overlap of duration and your truck doesn't like it. You can turn the TST WAY down and get maybe 20hp to 30hp is ALL. You can get more out of a pressure stack with the Smarty TNT-R than with the TST, for 1/2 the money. That's what he is talking about. Hope that helps explain the issue.

I know what each of the products do thats why I run them the way that I do. I would just like to know why he telling someone that has those products that if he or she use them together they will need a new motor in a couple months. When Ive used that same stack for more than 2 years with no issues.

Bob.

Thanks for the input from everyone. it's given me alot of great places to check out. looks like twins will be the answer, now to choose the right trouble free kit. source auto's kit looks pretty clean.

I didn't feel bad spending the cash when the packages arrived and I saw everything that was included in the kit. I ordered it on a wednesday afternoon and it was at my doorstep monday morning. The directions with the kit made it an easy install.

SOURCETWINSINSTALL086.jpg

there's alot of great kits out there Industrial Injection, MPI, and Source have some great chargers

Back