Best ppump builder

89cumminstd

There may already be a thread on this but who do you guys think builds the best ppump at the best price? I'm located in PA. Has anyone ever heard of diesel pro? There close to me but there prices are very high IMO.

Northeast diesel, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

There may already be a thread on this but who do you guys think builds the best ppump at the best price? I'm located in PA. Has anyone ever heard of diesel pro? There close to me but there prices are very high IMO.
How much power you looking to build ? There are a few builders I would trust. Depends on the recipe.

How much power you looking to build ? There are a few builders I would trust. Depends on the recipe.

Well I have a boost elbow on the turbo a cold air intake and 50 horse injectors I'm putting in. Id like to get as much power as I can with that without having to drive off my egt gauge.

Farrell Diesel Service (Seth Farrell), also as others have said Northeast Diesel.

Well I have a boost elbow on the turbo a cold air intake and 50 horse injectors I'm putting in. Id like to get as much power as I can with that without having to drive off my egt gauge.

Unless you're playing possum with your mods list, a stock pump with a GSK and some AFC tuning is all you need.

Unless you're playing possum with your mods list, a stock pump with a GSK and some AFC tuning is all you need.

So a stock rebuild would probably be good? And yes definatly some governor springs 2500 rpm is not enough IMO I don't need much more maybe 3000 or 3500 what kind of horsepower will it make with these mods?

And that's very conservative estimate; really depends on what dyno your on.

Is the pump bad? Why are you considering a rebuild?

Because I don't have any history on it all that I know is that it came off a 1994, I don't know if the truck was running when it was pulle or if was pulled with the truck at tdc so i just want the insurance and it to be calibrated.

Ok. I had a similar situation. Sent the pump to Seth for a full rebuild and it came back looking brand new. My total bill was around $800.

I sent my pump in for a rebuild awhile back, as it was doing some weird stuff. As it turns out the rebuild was overpriced and totally unnecessary.
If youre gonna do a build, make it worth your awhile and do it right with a good shop for sure. If youre looking for lower power levels just get a reman pump and put some basic mods on it.
Also, Im not 100% convinced a 215 pump makes smooth power on a street truck that originally came with a 160 pump.. No idea why but seat of the pants dyno has never liked the results with the 215 since I got it. do your research if youre in that boat.
Then again, all that is likely between the seat and the steering wheel. Hell If I know.

Last edited:
I sent my pump in for a rebuild awhile back, as it was doing some weird stuff. As it turns out the rebuild was overpriced and totally unnecessary.
If youre gonna do a build, make it worth your awhile and do it right with a good shop for sure. If youre looking for lower power levels just get a reman pump and put some basic mods on it.
Also, Im not 100% convinced a 215 pump makes smooth power on a street truck that originally came with a 160 pump.. No idea why but seat of the pants dyno has never liked the results with the 215 since I got it. do your research if youre in that boat.
Then again, all that is likely between the seat and the steering wheel. Hell If I know.

I'm glad u told me this because I was thinking about getting a 215 pump because that's 55 hp more right off the bat but I guess ill just work the the one I have now. I'm curious why it would do that

160 pumps will take people further than you think they can. Just send it out to be checked and evaluated for proper operation. Maybe if you think your hungry enough have them max it out and ballanced.

^^ agree for sure!

Send your pump out and tell the shop you want it checked over. Add a gov spring kit(4k)? Afc mods and some slightly more aggressive delivery valves. Great smooth driving setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere between threve and eleventy billion.

I'm sure it is a typo.
Million not billion.!!!
And after you have it calibrated, rotate the barrels.

NO I'm just kidding!! That screws up the calibration.
Fools do it though because it will smoke and loose 100 hp.

I would send it to Seth at Farrell Diesel and have him put it on the bench. At a minimum you could have it maxed and balanced and if it doesn't perform well on the bench and needs a rebuild, he could get it taken care of for you too. He's not available until the 14th I believe. I'm local to him and I am not sure what his mail situation is like, but I have a pump that I'm taking to him as soon as he gets back and I would gladly take yours with me.