Best SD Billet Grille

Lifted94XLT

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a billet grille for my 04 F250, and I'm tryin to find the best, best looking brand I can get. I'm NOT wanting a bolt over b/c I don't like being able to see the stocker behind it when the sun hits it firght. so, I'm lookin for a cut-out style. Lemme know what you have, how you like it (fit finish, quality of the product, how the finish is holding up, and what finish you have) Pictures would be great also. Thanks for your time. Lemme know what you think

--Ryan :thankyou2:

Dalpilot said:
Talk to Richard, (unbroken) He bought the shizznizzle for his.

I have his old one in my cage at the shop...I'm fairly certain it's a Stull.

I have a Trendz on my truck.....and I used to run a Precision.

All 3 are quality from what I can tell.

i like the one i got. it reminds me a lot of the 79 chevy 1/2 ton. round tubes that go all the way across. look at my pic in my sig. its not a insert type. its the complete grille.

thanks guys. I'm still tryin to decide. have y'all ever heard anything about the Trex grilles???

i had a stull in my old f-150 and I have one in my f-250 now and on both of them the black on the top and bottom of the bars flaked off. It looks like crap. I will be certain not to buy one again.

I'll keep that in mind. Anybody heard anything about the T-Rex brand Grilles?? My local accessory place carries that brand and says they're good, but you never know if they want your money or if they're telilng the truth.

Although mine is a bolt on it's good quality. It's a carriage works. I know they make the cut out type as well. I got the powdercoat black and it's real hard to see the stock one behind it. I'm sure the cut out would be the same quality as the bolt on. You would not be dis-appointed.

how much did y'all pay for yours?? i went and priced a Trenz (now known as lund b/c they bought them out) and a Carriage works and they were wantin little over $200!!! :O what?! that sounds dang expensive.

I paid like $185 for mine. I thought the same thing untill I got the grill. The quality was there. I really don't mind spending a little extra for some good quality stuff.

Yeah, I paid around $200 for my Precision back in 2001.

Trenz and the Stull I got used.

I have the best you can get. Got it for 350. 150 bucks cheaper than everywhere else. Unbroken has one too.

HouTex said:
I have the best you can get. Got it for 350. 150 bucks cheaper than everywhere else. Unbroken has one too.

You have a 05-07 Ford Harley Davidson Edition grille too??

I think I'm gonna get the Carriage Works cut-out Polished grille...... once I get it an get it in, I'll post back on the fit, finish, and quality.

--Ryan

I bought an installed Carriage Works Cut-out Style Billet Grille Wed. and man, am I impressed...... I took about two hours cutting out the fac grille gettin it to look as good as possible. the quality of the billet grille itself and the finish is amazing!! I didn't use the supplied self-tapping screws to mount the top of the grille to the shell b/c I thought it looked a little janky, so I just used some stainless steel panhead bolts...... I'm very impresssed with the fit, although, I had to do a little tweaking and pullin to get it to fit just right in the shell. I was kinda irritated in the end though b/c when I installed the grille and shell into the truck for the final time, it was about 19 degrees outside and as I lined up the last hold, the top part of the grille shell cracked. I was NOT a happy camper so to speak. I appreciate everyones help in helpin me decide the best route to take for the brand.

--Ryan

Back