best single for my set up.

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
Hi all. Ive been searching the forums trying to find people running a single 66 charger that have similar mods as mine. I can get my current charger up graded to a 66 for a very reasonable price compared to a new one or a twin set up. Ultimately i will go to a twin set up just not now, so i want the best bang for the buck. Im afraid if i go to a 64 ill just be left wondering how well the 66 would have ran. So considering all the mods in my sig with the addition of some 180 nozzles, Is a 66/71/14 going to be too big for a DD? Also what are yalls predictions for hp on this setup? Thanks guys.

I have a silver 66, Dons 2.5, ATS manifold, Smarty
Helix 2 cam, springs. push rods, pp head, built tran,
Smarty on 3 with timing. If I use light pedal on
take off, light haze. If I get on it, I can black out
intersection till it spools. Mine starts to spool 1700.
Waiting to go on t4 housing, ss header, ext Gate.

I am running a 66/71/14 non-wastegated. Flux 3s, dual cp3s, Helix 2 cam, sportsman springs. Truck is a bit laggy, but once it lights, it runs very well. It takes some getting used to when it comes to DDing a 66.

I love my 66/71/13ss. Spools a tick slower than my 62 used to but is very driveable.

I'm running flux 1's, diesel pro's 1-08 cam, tntr, mp8, T4 manifold necked down into a t3 frame charger.

As far as singles go, I've had a silver bullet, A5K, and E.D.'s "better bullet".

The silver bullet was a little on the laggy side but overall ok. The A5K with the .80 housing spooled quicker, cooler egts, and made more power. E.D.'s "better bullet" has been the best charger out of the three. It's a 66/74, but they machine a 12mm exhaust housing to accept the bigger wheel. You get really good spool-up characteristics with the ability to move enough air to keep things cool and still make good power.

I've had a couple well known diesel guys ride in my truck, and both couldn't believe how well it spooled for a 66.

It's tough to beat a custom built charger.

jlibert couldn't have said it better. I've been around numerous different setups with even more fuel than mine and their 66mm chargers don't spool anywhere close to how well my Engineered Diesel 66/74/14 does. I ran the II Silver 62 before putting the ED charger on and there was a noticeable EGT drop and better pull throughout the power-band, with the same spool as my 62. I'm running stock cp3 with 75 hp nozzles and it runs GREAT. The turbo is begging me for more fuel, clearing 100% at WOT but with the current setup runs great and gives me room to grow. I was extremely happy with the customer service I received through ED. My dealings were all through Chris, and felt like I was a valued customer just by purchasing one charger.

E.D. 66/71/12 T4 non gated with an external 45mm gate (majestic)on mine. Spools better than stock clears all of my smoke and takes an absolute thrashing daily. In my opinion they put a lot more thought into making chargers that work great on your engine than most of the top turbo companies. Spool on mine is MUCH better than the bullet!

Zach

You're up awful late Zach; or early. I'd have to concur with Augustus, from what I've seen with his E.D. 66, I somewhat wish I would've gone that route. This HTT 71/73-13ss I've got spools much better than the 66/71-16 I had on the truck before, and it's quite a bit cooler; but who's to say E.D. couldn't have built me a better one...

When you get to that time zone where they run $199 spring specials let me know :hehe:

Well thanks for the info guys. Ive heard enough and decided i will go with the 66 inducer upgrade for now.