Best sounding exhaust

J.Keith

Pro Diesel Tech
My father in law recently bought a late '99 F250 and I'm going to put an exhaust on it for his birthday. So, me being a Dodge guy, whats the best sounding exhaust for a bone stock truck?

Thanks
Jeremy

I really like the sound of a 4" straight pipe... Plus it works well on a stock truck..

5" sounds like a jet on my friends truck. I like it. Its a 7.3 but has a 6.0 whistle.

So, will a straight through have a drone in the cab like they do on the Cummins?

My 5in straight has some at certain rpms, prob wouldn't suggest a straight pipe if you plan on towing alot. But if you want the best sounding its the 5in straight with either a 6in or 7in tip IMO, be it regular exhaust tip or stack. Sounds better than any 4in ive ever heard.

My 5" straight through exhaust w/ 5" stack has a little bit of drone but nothing like a Cummins. The drone is around 2250 rpms between 75-80 mph.

I have a 4" straight on mine and it sounds good. Pretty deep in the lower RPM's.

We have had some great feedback from out 4" expandit kits. Most seem to like the 7.3's with a muffler

I ended up putting a Diamond Eye 4'' kit on with the muffler. And a 4'' to 5'' stainless tip for the bling factor. It sounds pretty damn good. I was surprised at the increase in throttle response though, you could really tell a difference.

I have a stock truck with a programmer. I just installed a dynomax muffler and deleted the cat and it sounds great, deep mellow tone and no drone at any rpm.