Best Tranny?

jwracing

JW Racing
I had my tranny rebuilt not even a year ago do to the od clutchs were gone and also had a goerend converter installed and I am having probs again. The truck has right at 400hp. I tow my racecar just about every weekend. When the truck is under a load it's having probs shifting between 3&4 or slipping u would say. Indicating to me the clutches are going out. What are you guys running? Thanks for the help

seeing that you are in texas, take a trip to Marble Falls. Theres a suncoast builder there that is very good at what he does....and i personally know of one case where the forward clutches were burned from not setting up line pressure properly for the amount of power made....and the guy warrantied it.

if you want to purchase a full trans and install it yourself, call Dusty at HTS.

it may be the computer? as far as i remember the 3rd to 4th is done with a sulanoid in the pan.can you smell it cooken? does it over rev, or is it bump shifting 3rd to 4th? who did your custom valvebody? i would start there.as far as who likes what trannys.do a search here top of the page.i went with auto trans design.germantown wisconsin 262 251 7777 charlie is the man! i have a triple disc billet converter and a full manual valve body.good luck with whoever you go with.and what 973604*4 said you are in texas so that sounds smart.thats why i went to germantown thats close for me.plus he builds trannys for guys with way more power than i will ever have and they seem to like his work.

I am thinking about going with the suncoast rebuild kit. It's close to $600 but has alto red clutches and all the bad ass stuff.

Goerend here and couldnt be happier. i punish mine just about every weekend and i still drive truck every day.

i had tim barber at tre diesel build my trans. i know some other guys that have him to their trannys as well. he is clear over in virginia beach. but it is well worth it. i drag race my truck, the other guys tow an race. they put about 40,000 to 50,000 a year on their trucks. haven't had a problem with them yet. (tre diesel.com)

Back