Best tuner for 08 d-max

PSDracing

My buddy has aa 2008 d-max automatic. he wants me to fix it up. so i got a straight pipe, now i need a tuner, im not farmiliar with the D-max so any help would be great. need one good for daily driving, towing a little bit, and some racing, but still good MPG. thanks

well he doesnt really wanna custom tune it himself. but it need to take out that re gen too.

I've got an 07.5, i've had a PPE in it since around 25000 mi. I'm just now turning 105K mi. About 65k i changed it out for a PPE hot + 2 race with DPF delete. love it PPE is the way to go with a newer Duramax. Fuel mileage is very good, power is great. No problems at all.

the best power you can get from a handheld. Had no idea that good lookin truck had that many miles on it Barry!

the best power you can get from a handheld. Had no idea that good lookin truck had that many miles on it Barry!

x2

PPE is the bets handheld.

efi live... eithe ryou can do it yourself or have someont tune it for you were you are back to doing the same thing as a hand held.

Yea, unless he's wanting to go all out or wanting some custom changes PPE is a winner over EFI. Add to that if he doesn't have a laptop he'll have to buy one of those too.

well looks like im gonna get him a ppe. haha do u think it will out run a 2008 ford 6.4 with a custom tuned SCT? cause there quick

Be a good idea to install a transgo jr. shift kit to keep his Alli alive. Not sure on the ford since I haven't ran a quick one

If the Alli has a bit of help and he runs a the bigger tunes from the PPE he will have no issue keeping up with you.

I guess i drive alot. It seems like i'm changing oil once a month. I think Brad has gotten a lot of practice changing oil in a Duramax. Him being a Ford person, My duramax must know, because almost every time he changes oil it seems to spit oil on him. he has a black spot on almost all of his shirts. Ha Ha

I guess i drive alot. It seems like i'm changing oil once a month. I think Brad has gotten a lot of practice changing oil in a Duramax. Him being a Ford person, My duramax must know, because almost every time he changes oil it seems to spit oil on him. he has a black spot on almost all of his shirts. Ha Ha

Hehe, Markin' it's territory I guess.

That depends on what you want to do. EFI will let you make your truck into anything from a tow pig all the way to a 9 second monster. I would go EFI seeing as for price you can't beat it.

I would have said PPE, but now i believe EFI live with DSP 5 is available (or about to be) for the LMM's. Get someone to make him a 5 way tune. It's alot nicer than only having one tune.