Best Tuner for your buck?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I have an 01 F-350 with a freshly rebuilt tranny, triple disk converter & BTS valvebody. Is DP f5 tuner the best bang for the buck? Im planning on buying one in the next 2 weeks. I was wanting something that would make my transmission shift a little firmer & good fuel economy. Along with a race tune for when the ricers need a little soot stains.

Dp-Tuner and Wildman are the best ones to go with. By far the best bang for the buck.

Like the others stated. Dp and TW, best bang for the buck. Ive always been told that Jody from DP was the best on the Superdutys. And that Tony is the best on the OBS. I have experience with both. And they both sure know what the hell there doing. Im hoping in the next few months to get up to Jodys and let him do a live tune on my truck. Supposed to be a night and day difference from the miracles he already does with the truck now.

My TS Performance chip shifts very well with my BTS trans......very happy with it.

Only option not listed would be Bill at Power Hungry Performance, very good tuner and has been tuning 7.3s for a long time.

Get the Bank's!!! Is there really any other option? The man is a genius!!! Who else can tune a common rail over 5000 Rpm. Don't worry about the money, it really isn't more expensive, you know the saying "cry once." I just ordered the Big Hoss Bundle for my truck, even got an extra speed loader for the Six Gun. I just did a dana 120 swap and got my stage 5 multi disc clutch setup to handle all the Banks power!!! I plan on running some local sled pulls this summer and showing some Dodges what is up ;)

Last edited:
Get the Bank's!!! Is there really any other option? The man is a genius!!! Who else can tune a common rail over 5000 Rpm. Don't worry about the money, it really isn't more expensive, you know the saying "cry once." I just ordered the Big Hoss Bundle for my truck, even got an extra speed loader for the Six Gun. I just did a dana 120 swap and got my stage 5 multi disc clutch setup to handle all the Banks power!!! I plan on running some local sled pulls this summer and showing some Dodges what is up ;)

Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353693-396-566.jpg

Whether he believes his post, or was just being an idiot on his first post is worth saying goodbye to a troll.

I don't know if DI is a bad word around here, but I would go with his tuning. I had a DI chip on my previous truck and I had one one this truck before I got the sticks. I have a DP in there now and I can tell you it will be for sale in the spring and I will go with DI again. I went from low 17's with stock injectors and the TN turbo to low 18's with the stage II's and DP tuning. It doesn't really have any power under 2500 R's. I'm not saying DP is bad, but DI is better. BTW, the blistering times are due to the bigger swampers, full fuel tanks, toolbox, 6 speed etc.

I don't know if DI is a bad word around here, but I would go with his tuning. I had a DI chip on my previous truck and I had one one this truck before I got the sticks. I have a DP in there now and I can tell you it will be for sale in the spring and I will go with DI again. I went from low 17's with stock injectors and the TN turbo to low 18's with the stage II's and DP tuning. It doesn't really have any power under 2500 R's. I'm not saying DP is bad, but DI is better. BTW, the blistering times are due to the bigger swampers, full fuel tanks, toolbox, 6 speed etc.

Have you talked to Jody about this yet? If you talk to him and tell him whats going on then I am 100% sure he will be able to tell you what is going on with your truck. Its liable to be just the bigger tires that you have on it now.
And no DI isn't a bad word around here. David is one of the supporting vendors on this site.

I haven't talked to Jody yet. They seem like very nice people, but It's my only truck and I can't really afford to have it down for any time. I did have the same tires on throughout the whole process. I did the turbo first and it seemed a little laggy, but now it actually seems worse. I think if he were to come to the great Northeast for some live tuning sessions that would be my best bet, and I would be all for it. I will try to contact him to see what he suggests or if he's coming up here.

I would say thats your best bet. Just give him a shout and let him know whats up. They are very nice people. I am going to go down ther ein August and get some live tuning done on my truck. I cant wait! :rockwoot:

Back