Best Turbo Setup

crzycowboy

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Gotta buddy looking for the best bang for the buck. He's got a daily driver, and he plans to pull with it. He'd like a ball bearing turbo. Who would you guys suggest he use? garret 38r turbonetics bb or the hightech drop in replacemant turbo he is going to b running 230cc injectors will the turbo hold up to these injectors it is a late 99 and he already has an upgraded trans. he just need the best bang for the buck and doesnt want to spend a ton of money on a large turbo set up because he drives this everyday thanks a ton:charger:

Check out the Domonator 66 from Beans Diesel Performance, great value and performance for him, or the Garrett Powermax GTP38R for a lil more change but worth it imho.

with 230 he better go with a bigger turbo then the one you asked about as none of them will suppy enough air for 230 cc injectors you need a h2e, a modifed h2e or a qssb

Whats a 230cc injector, i dont know cc's, are they like a b-code or hybrid 530, they gotta be a serious squirter to not push a 38r or TN, how much more air does a modified h2e move than these, i have the 38r and stag 3 Mini-me's, i might wana change if the mod h2e is that bad!:st:

Garrett, BB, TN BB or PDRs new Journal bearing turbo sounds really good too. Guys are saying it spools very close to a Garrett BB. The PDR runs about $1350

I just installed the PDR turbo and its really close to the Garret BB, and for $1350 its a sweet turbo for the price.

I run a D66 with 180AA's and I am getting a bit of surge around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle around 1700 to 2500 rpm. Bean told me to upgrade to the 1.15 exhaust housing. But I would still like a bit more air. Curious to see what the 1.15 exhaust housing will b like. Have to give that D66 credit though. A buddie of mine has the gtp38r with the same injectors and the D66 is noticeably boosting higher and faster. Thanks Bean!

Oops. That being said, your buddie will need to go bigger that a D66 for sure.

Lots of people run 230CC hybrids with a garret ball bearing turbo without problems.

I ran TN BB with 230's for a while. It's good until you try to get all the fuel out of the 230's then it's not enough.

Going to try the garrett for a lil while, then buy a modded H2E. My TN ate itself.

Whats a 230cc injector, i dont know cc's, are they like a b-code or hybrid 530, they gotta be a serious squirter to not push a 38r or TN, how much more air does a modified h2e move than these, i have the 38r and stage 3 Mini-me's, i might wana change if the mod h2e is that bad!:st:

That is a DI combo that is well proven.

However the modded H2E is very nice, I love mine.
Hybrids are too much for a D66, it will die a short lived life and will not be covered by warranty.

Just installed my TN BB in my new stock truck.. Love it can't wait to get the gauges in and put my chip back in!

Back