Best turbo

kabbcummins

I am looking to buy a new turbo and am looking for the best one mostly it will be for just daily drving but it will get pulled and go to the strip every once in a while. Please just give me your input on the best single turbo and the best set of twins i can buy. A friend of mine has a switzer and likes it and ATS claims theres is one of the best so please just let me know. I have an 07 5.9 G56.

Thanks guys and feel free to state any inputs

my buddy got the Aurora plus 5000 compounds where you use the stock unit, he loves it, it was a pretty easy install, cleanest compound set up I have seen, pretty freakin fast truck now. the 3000 and 5000 compounds are pretty sweet too, there was a good write up comparing the compounds from ATS to the BD ones, search for that. for singles, there are a number of good ones, with the ATS ones i know you can buy one of their singles and upgrade to compounds later on if you want too and not have to buy a whole new kit.

There is no "best turbo"
There are turbos that are very well matched to the rest of the engine mods on a particular truck....so without knowing what else you have done there's no way to tell you which way to go.

Back