Better suited twin setup.

TheBigNasty

Project bish
I am pretty sure twins are in my near future but am unsure of which route to take. I have a HX-40 right now but it isn't nearly enough. I was just going to make a 40-s400 setup but being that I am a 5spd I want to have a setup that spools quick between shifts but can handle, say, 550-650hp. I think that it may be worth the extra money to buy a 62/14 or a 64/14 for now and put an s400 below it later on. So I guess my question is, Would it be worth the extra money for the better top turbo?

Yeah I got an FE on the porch...too lazy to put it in tho. I'm thinking about going to CS friday night and maybe...just maybe working on it sat or sunday.

Ya, that ain't gonna happen. Your gonna be hungover as hell the next day. LOL

TheBigNasty said:
I am pretty sure twins are in my near future but am unsure of which route to take. I have a HX-40 right now but it isn't nearly enough. I was just going to make a 40-s400 setup but being that I am a 5spd I want to have a setup that spools quick between shifts but can handle, say, 550-650hp. I think that it may be worth the extra money to buy a 62/14 or a 64/14 for now and put an s400 below it later on. So I guess my question is, Would it be worth the extra money for the better top turbo?

why not skip the small talk

and just twin like i did? Ull love it! then u can update the 40 if u feel it still isnt enough... pretty decent power has been made on the setup u wish to run... heck even a 35 over a 400 spools well.. ask me how i know...

Rick

That's very true. A buddy of mine is running a 35/400 combo on a 24v and it lights right now and going down the track with tst comp on 7, smarty on 9, mach 6.5's, and windshield washer fluid he only sees 1100*.