big cam 400

DEZLFREK

my licence plate says it
anyone know how to turn up a big cam 400 with a pt pump?

drill out the ball in the end of the throttle shaft carefully, under that will be a flat head screw, turn it out about 6 turns thats your fuel pressure. above that under a tin cover is your afc adjustment. i cant remember which way you turn it but you will know. thats all i know about thats free. another way is to get a lower # fuel button. i would google the fuel button there is alot of info out there about them.

You can drill a small hole in the ball in the throttle shaft and pull it out with a sheet metal screw. After you get it set where you want it you can turn the ball and tap it back in. If I remember the screw under the cover may be an allen head with a jam nut.

A 0 fuel button , adjusting the afc , an Ht60 turbo an a second fuel line to the front of the head will net u around 500 or a touch better! That is with 400 injectors!!

ok thanks guys, this was an older non afc version pt pump. so that wasnt an option. but we went out on the fuel rod about 9 turns, and ended up with a 5 button and also added 8 gov shim.. it flat rips now lol. well for a roll off 10 wheeler... used to make about 12 psi boost now it is somewhere north of 30 psi the guage only goes to 30 and it creeps past it and revs out great.. doesnt smoke all that bad either.. thanks for everyones help.

hope that has a pyro in it with that non afc pump a 5 button prob looks like the truck burns coal

na acctually it wasnt bad at wot, pre boost it can be dark but lightens up to prolly 40% oppasity.. makes over 30psi boost but we didnt put a guage on the fuel pressure yet.. considering it only made 12/14psi before it was a huge difference.

Back