Big Engine CR

SmokeShow

What big engines use common rail fuel setups like what's on the CR Dodges, Duramax or new Powerstroke?

I mean, do they use similar injectors just bigger? What kind of pumps? Like the Bosch CP3.4 (II Grand Poobah CP3 pump) is said to be for some big engine but what? Are they in bulldozers? tractors? big trucks? where is this stuff at? I'm sure its not just light truck stuff.

C-ya

I used to have all the pre-production responsibility for all large bore CAT common rail engines. Also available in a 20 cylinder version for 797F's and EPG.

Last edited:
the new maxxforce 13 international engines have a common rail fuel system that is very similar to the dodges. just alot bigger pump

Danny

what do they do for injectors? Do they also run 20K++ rail pressure in these big trucks?

Just wondering about the sheer volume of fuel their system might be producing at max pressure with these big CR systems. Pretty wild!!

Someone should/could/might be retrofitting this "big" stuff to our small stuff to get bigger results than can be had by modifying the small stuff to act like the big stuff. :rockwoot: Anyone no of a big engine injector that operates like the injectors in an LBZ duramax? :D

C-ya

The new Detroit Diesel DD15 and DD13 engines run a bosch common rail fuel system and the injector 's have a amplifier circuit in them to boost pressure to about 62 K

Back