Big HP Duramax

drmayf

Folks, hopefully this is the correct forum to ask my silly questions! I drive a car on the Bonneville Salt Flats and I have recently been recruited to help another old geezer get his Duramax powered car for the salt up and running and making BIG power. The down side of this is that basically we both know squat. We want to run the Dmax at as high an rpm as possible - what rotating mods should be considered for this. Oh he already has a stroker crank and will be boring the block 0.060 to make it into the engine class he wants to run in. But, where do we go from there? The amount of information on Dmax seems to be sparse. We need recommendations on engine management systems, injectors, nitrous, propane; whatever will help this motor make large hp and tq. It needs to be reasonably reliable. I know that is pretty much an oxymoron for race motors but more is better. While funds are not limitless, money can be spent to make this happen. I will pose more questions by sub system in other posts: like block mods, head mods, intake mods, fuel system mods, etc. For right now, just a quick idea of what we are up against would be great. Then will come specifics.

Off list to my addy is ok unless you fell that everyone would benefit.

drmayf
worlds fastest sunbeam

May want to talk to Curtis Halverson, he built the Mormon Missile that runs out there. I believe that car just ran 322 mph.

Folks, hopefully this is the correct forum to ask my silly questions! I drive a car on the Bonneville Salt Flats and I have recently been recruited to help another old geezer get his Duramax powered car for the salt up and running and making BIG power. The down side of this is that basically we both know squat. We want to run the Dmax at as high an rpm as possible - what rotating mods should be considered for this. Oh he already has a stroker crank and will be boring the block 0.060 to make it into the engine class he wants to run in. But, where do we go from there? The amount of information on Dmax seems to be sparse. We need recommendations on engine management systems, injectors, nitrous, propane; whatever will help this motor make large hp and tq. It needs to be reasonably reliable. I know that is pretty much an oxymoron for race motors but more is better. While funds are not limitless, money can be spent to make this happen. I will pose more questions by sub system in other posts: like block mods, head mods, intake mods, fuel system mods, etc. For right now, just a quick idea of what we are up against would be great. Then will come specifics.

Off list to my addy is ok unless you fell that everyone would benefit.

drmayf
worlds fastest sunbeam

The best advise I can give you is to get a hold of Tommy at KPE racing. Keeter Performance Engineering

His work is about as proven as anyone out there. He can go over your option and answer most of your questions.

I will be helping Mike Wood this weekend with his Dmax powered Mustang at the Texas Mile. We are hoping to better are best of 202.4 in the standing mile.

what is your idea of BIG hp?? 800rwhp? 1000rwhp? 1500rwhp? more??

Just wondering.

You may have better luck on the mcrat forum finding your answer...the main sponsor has an lsr duramax. Duramaxdiesels.com

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

May want to talk to Curtis Halverson, he built the Mormon Missile that runs out there. I believe that car just ran 322 mph.

X2 with Curtis ,tts"Steve",or socal"Guy". They are all top notch d-max builders.

Last edited: