Big line fittings

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
I am wanting to make my own fuel system and I was wondering if any one knew the size and thread of the inlet and outlet banjo fittings on the fuel filter and the inlet on the CP3 so I can replace them with AN- fittings. Going with 5/8 or 1/2 (-12AN or -10AN) braided line, haven't decided which yet, MagnaFuel ProStar 500 Fuel Pump, and a Geno's Garage Draw straw. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

kino_fab said:
I am wanting to make my own fuel system and I was wondering if any one knew the size and thread of the inlet and outlet banjo fittings on the fuel filter and the inlet on the CP3 so I can replace them with AN- fittings. Going with 5/8 or 1/2 (-12AN or -10AN) braided line, haven't decided which yet, MagnaFuel ProStar 500 Fuel Pump, and a Geno's Garage Draw straw. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I thought 5/8 and 1/2 would be -10AN and -8AN ?

AN sizes are base 16 aren't they? (Each size up is another 1/16")

I went with -8AN which is 1/2". The fittings on the CP3 and filter will be what ever AN size you want to go with by.....

12mm x 1.5

Thanks for the input. I didn't really know what the AN sizes were measured by. I was just going by the I.D. of the hose that was stated on Summit Racings website. 10-an was like .563" and 12-an is .688". 8-AN is .438". So I assumed 10 was more to 1/2" and 12 was more to 5/8. Thanks for the size and thread Triton.

For correct AN sizing, convert your fractional size to 16's of an inch. For example 3/8" = 6/16 which is -6AN. 1/2" is 8/16" Which is -8AN.

Hoping this info helps someone, even if it didn't help you.