BIG PROBLEM with Boost

gavngrav

Heres my prob as stated earlier!! 2006 mega 5.9.
super b special,airdog,90tips,SSR, blah,blah,blah. Anyways, was earlier making 50+ boost! Now cant get past 20-25 boost! Have 25k fuel rail and 20k fuel pressure. pinched off wastegate, cant find boost leak, 15/25/15 low settings and 33/40/30 high settings. No codes thrown! All sensors cleaned!
Runs like a terd! Boost limited! :soap:

When you say no boost leaks, did you pressurize the system? Or did you just look at the boots and clamps?

just looked at boots and clamps. ordered new boots and clamps from source last night just in case. Haven't pressured system. Spools up real quick to 25psi. then, holds and dies off. From the previous reply "Did it have fuel in it"? Fuel in what? I have changed nothing! Very frustrating! Thanks

Sounds like a boost leak to me, or a wastegate issue.

Make sure its not sucking the air cleaner shut. I had the very same issue this spring with the spray that they put on the roads. It had coated the air cleaner and would run fine until you got on it. I didn't find it till I was taking it off to check the wheel on the charger.

CP3 problem or fuel delivery problem also check exhuast manifold gaskets with soapy water to see if you have leaks there! I had the same thing happen also check the turbo to manifold gasket! Also a smarty change in POD will do it if you go to low on #!