bigger than a mach 7?

inline6power

more hp than you
well i am going to dyno very very shortly, i know i have been delaying it but its going to happen very soon. well, in Redding,ca i dynoed 713 with a stock SO pump, mach 7s, and a SPS 62, smarty and tst comp 3 stage nitrous.

sence then, i have went to a silver bullet, a redline, and a power puck. i am hoping to be at 800 or close to it. if i am not, i want to go bigger. my question is what size injector would i need to get me there if the 7 wont do it?

brockw08 said:
Mach 8 will work well with your nitrous.
well we were told by Don that the 7s will make more hp on fuel than the 8s but the 8s would only make like 20hp more on the juice.

240's

My 240's are what you need!! LOL I need to sell this $#@% things.

inline6power said:
well i am going to dyno very very shortly, i know i have been delaying it but its going to happen very soon. well, in Redding,ca i dynoed 713 with a stock SO pump, mach 7s, and a SPS 62, smarty and tst comp 3 stage nitrous.

sence then, i have went to a silver bullet, a redline, and a power puck. i am hoping to be at 800 or close to it. if i am not, i want to go bigger. my question is what size injector would i need to get me there if the 7 wont do it?

parttimepuller said:
My 240's are what you need!! LOL I need to sell this $#@% things.
ha ha thats what my 7s are rated at. whos 240s are they and how much you askin for them?

farmboysdiesel said:
i have a used set but it'll take some $$$ to get them.
how big and how much? sorry about the redline gus but i now have alot more truck money available.

inline6power said:
well we were told by Don that the 7s will make more hp on fuel than the 8s but the 8s would only make like 20hp more on the juice.

So, by my math, that's bigger than a Mach 7...

Don claims a 271 horse injector with the fun button :evil :rockwoot:

brockw08 said:
So, by my math, that's bigger than a Mach 7...

Don claims a 271 horse injector with the fun button :evil :rockwoot:
well 271 mabey on the high side. i mean a 7 is rated at 240, an 8 at 271, thats only 40 more with nitrous. i wonder how much bigger the 8 is than the 7

Don tested the M8 on an '02 with a single B-1 turbocharger, Redline and Edge Comp fueling boxes, the Helix 3 camshaft and a 4" exhaust. The dyno showed 832 on this setup. Don't know how much giggle gas was being used...

Guys no pun intended to Don and other who sell an injector thats rated say for 200 hp or what ever, but think about it do you have there same setup as they did to make this power ????? and this was done years ago , theres a few things thats changed with turbos today and what not

One of these days an A/F ratio will help you guys that drag race and mayb on the dyno , then you will know if you need more fuel or not instead of looking for smoke or not smoke

Last edited:
Rods said:
One of these days an A/F ratio will help you guys that drag race and mayb on the dyno , then you will know if you need more fuel or not instead of looking for smoke or not smoke
thats my biggest deal on telling if i have room for fuel or not is by my smoke. and i have none with the juice so i know there is room from more.

they were ordered from Diesel Darryl, 7 holes 240's.. I need around 1000 obo. Offers open

inline6power said:
ha ha thats what my 7s are rated at. whos 240s are they and how much you askin for them?

Inline6power,

Your current setup should be able to get there with enough tuning on the nitrous.

Dzlfarmboy did 790 with mach 7's and a 2 stage nx system.

That exact same set of injectors were swaped into tj's truck for some dyno testing, and made 581 with his silver bullet. That silver bullet cleared the smoke up pretty darn well too.

But visible smoke doesn't tell it all as you can see by the difference between 790hp with nitrous and 581hp on #2(even with the smoke cleared up), there is more to be had with the nitrous.

If the 7's don't quite break 800 (they should at least get you very close if everything else is right) the 8's will give you a few more hp on the bottle, which at that level isn't always easy to come by.

Chris

Last edited:
brockw08 said:
Don tested the M8 on an '02 with a single B-1 turbocharger, Redline and Edge Comp fueling boxes, the Helix 3 camshaft and a 4" exhaust. The dyno showed 832 on this setup. Don't know how much giggle gas was being used...

The truck mentioned here is mine. I was using a dual stage NX system running (2) .125 solenoids, super shark nozzels, and .088 jet and a .125 jet. I have tried Mach 6, 6++, 7 and 8's. If you want the HP on spray go with the 8's. As I have seen the M6++ produce the best HP with a large single, and M7's do best with twins.

Lots of guys complain about not getting the rated HP from a purchased injector. There is a lot more to it than just an injector, I have seen a truck pick up almost 100 RWHP by just installing a fresh VP (no codes or problems just a tired pump). Also tuning is a big part, most guys just put their boxes on max and dyno. But what I have seen is there is a lot to playing with different settings. On this truck the Redline was set around 93% and the Drag Comp on level 4.

Doug

welll i need to get on the dyno again with the new setup to see where i am at. if i am close to 800 but not there, i will upgrade to the 8s. if those still dont get me there, i willl then go bigger but i dont want to go big right off the bat if i may already be there. i will keep you guys updated and thank you very much for all the info.