Bigger turbo/injectors

jakemono

Ok I have a 1990 non intercooled that I intercooled, 366 spring, he351, etc, etc see sig for the rest. I Just picked up a bullseye s366 that is a 66/83/.88ar. I also have a set of DDP 4's that are going to be re-set and swapped into gen 1 bodies. I know that I'm going to be needing some studs or an o-ringed head eventually but funds aren't permitting that yet so we will see how far I get until a head gasket blows. But I plan on doing a newer 12v head with o-rings. I should have a airdog setup here in the next week or so. Has anyone tried using different governor springs to up RPMs higher then the 366 spring? I have read somewhere that you can clip 366 spring to make it more a 4k spring but I can't seem to find it. This is just my DD/hotrod, it rarely tows and if it does it's not heavy. So I'm not too worried about spool but a little more RPM's would definitely be nice.

Ok I have a 1990 non intercooled that I intercooled, 366 spring, he351, etc, etc see sig for the rest. I Just picked up a bullseye s366 that is a 66/83/.88ar. I also have a set of DDP 4's that are going to be re-set and swapped into gen 1 bodies. I know that I'm going to be needing some studs or an o-ringed head eventually but funds aren't permitting that yet so we will see how far I get until a head gasket blows. But I plan on doing a newer 12v head with o-rings. I should have a airdog setup here in the next week or so. Has anyone tried using different governor springs to up RPMs higher then the 366 spring? I have read somewhere that you can clip 366 spring to make it more a 4k spring but I can't seem to find it. This is just my DD/hotrod, it rarely tows and if it does it's not heavy. So I'm not too worried about spool but a little more RPM's would definitely be nice.

How much more do you want ????

With 1 1/2 turns clipped and the remaining 1/2 turn bent to provide a connection point I effectively have 2 turns clipped off the 366 spring and I can break most speed laws in 2nd gear...
I just touch 70 if I hold it for 15 - 20 secs.

id try and trade that turbo for something more suited to be the compound for your 351.

keep ddps they are a sweet injector......they have a 3600rpm spring that will pull to 4k or they have a 4200 spring that my buddy has in his ve..... but u might need cam to help out along with bigger ve pump.. to pull that high of rpm