Biggest tires - 2011/12 Ram 3500 SRW?

brucer

So I've got myself on order a new truck. One of the first things I need to do is get good rims & tires and I'm wondering what the biggest tires I can put on a 2012 (same as 2011 for sure) Ram 3500 SRW 4X4 without a lift or levelling kit - anyone know? (I mean without rubbing)

Yeah I know the Mega Cabs look better with a lift but I get in and out a lot of times in a day...

i had 295s on mine with a little room to spare, this was on stock rims though

I have 20x9 rims on my 2010 crew cab 2500 with 305-55-20 nitto tires. Mine rub when they are turned lock to lock and hit a bump, but very minor. A buddy has a 2010 mega cab 3500 with same size and his don't rub at all. One web site said to go with a 305-50-20 to keep from rubbing. Hope this helps a little.

Wheel offset plays a huge part in tire size rub ratio.....

Yeah, I'm hearin that a lot - any rims I find that I like seem to have minimum -12mm offset and some are telling me even a 3" lift won't be enough...they say I need a positive offset...true?

I'm planning on 20"x9" rims with 35x12.5's, I've decided I'm gonna have to lift it but not goin higher than 3"

Any comments/help here greatly appreciated. Also like help finding some clean looking; spoked, polished or machined rims.

your rims need to be +12 TO +20 to not rub. that will keep them as close to stock rim settings

I got Goodyear Silent Armour tires in a 305/60-20 which is 34.4"x12" on rims with a +10mm offset and I just barely rub at almost full lock right beside the fender flare - and only on certain angles in parking lots.

I'll be installing my Carli kit which will eliminate all rubbing I'm guessing but thought I would post this so people know - right now the suspension is bone stock.

I installed a $50 levelling kit while waiting to get my Carli stuff and the 2.5" levelling kit made not a lot of difference to how close the tire comes to the fender when just shy of full lock - gonna do Carli's control arms to gain that extra 1/2"

Last edited:
I run 305/75/17 on stock tires with Carli 2.0 and their control arms, no rubbing