Billet input installed, now TC locks slower

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
Hey guys, I recently broke my stock input, so I ordered a Billet one from Goerend. Trucks runs fine, and TC still locks fine, it just takes longer for it to decide it wants to lock. Even when I flip my lockup switch, it can sometimes take 2 or 3 seconds, maybe longer depending on engine RPM. Just curious if anyone else has noticed anything like this, or has an idea of what the problem could be, or if it is just the nature of the beast. Thanks

Eric

I had thought about that, but I figured maybe it was just the nature of the billet shaft, because I think it is made slightly different. TC holds great, and it will bark my stock turbo locking up if i have it under enough load, but it just sometimes takes a little longer to lock than it used to. 20psi launches are fun though:tree: :evil

Eric

heck mine started having the delay when i installed the GB triple loc converter hum maybe some thing is not adjusted just right ??

Loud&Obnoxious said:
You may have damaged the TC or pump when the shaft broke causing a psi drop.
If so, a call to Dave will get you the right information on what pressure from the pump you should be seeing in the accumulator test port while the truck is in drive.

Attachments

• 47re_test_ports.gif
    47re_test_ports.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
joefarmer said:
If so, a call to Dave will get you the right information on what pressure from the pump you should be seeing in the accumulator test port while the truck is in drive.

brandon do you have more where these came from??

More what? Advice? I got plenty of advice, who knows if it's good or not? :hehe: I'll assume that your talking about hte factory service manual page? PM me if you need more pages.

bnraond.