Bio D

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Who all is running Bio-D and in what concentration??

My '06 6.0 really hates this ULSD crappola and good old LSD (not the drug you goobers) is getting harder to find. So I was thinking about running some Bio but wanted some input first.

TIA

John ----The Mad Photographer-------

5% is all i've tried. Seemed fine. I have only ever run one tank of ULSD. Didn't notice much difference either way. I use PS DK at all fills.

B20 is generally accepted as being 100% safe in all engines. That's a 20% bio blend. IIRC, GM has tested and approved B20 for use in their engines, and they aren't the type to take risks.

at a local trucking center they havebio diesel but i dont know the exact blend of it. its always 5 centsw cheeper a gallon but i dont see to get the same fuel millage

I have run B11 and B20 since new for about 28K now. No problems. But, I get my fuel from our own inside storage tanks and filter it at 10 microns before pumping into the truck. Our tanks get filled directly from the refinery via dedicated truck.

Changed fuel filters at 15K and they looked brand new...probably wait till I have 40K on the truck before changing again.

Just remember...if there is any junk in your tank the bio will flush it to the filters. You have an 06 so you shouldn't have anything to worry about unless you got some really crappy fuel in the past.