Bio-Diesel

sixspeed

Chasing the dream
What truck stops sell just regular #2 fuel. It appears that they (suppliers) are going to a bio blend. I am a fleet manager and I have been having issues if we don't use the equipment daily to keep it mixed. I don't want it in my truck. My truck may sit for weeks. I live in the Mid GA area.

I have never heard of bio-diesel separating. I have been using bio-diesel for close to 10 years and have yet to have any fuel related problems. I go into the cold season with a new fuel filter and add some de-icer and anti-gel to the fuel and get along great. Most fuel suppliers do not like to see any kind of fuel sit for more than 6 months. I have fuel that sits in my barrels for 4-5 months, between seasons, and do not have any quality or separation issues.

GA how cold does it get down there? on good filters my cummins will start on 80% bio diesel at aroud 30deg the 01. I did have trouble with separating when I was buying from some else but now I have my own recipe for Bio diesel have been making it four years now no problems yet.

GA how cold does it get down there? on good filters my cummins will start on 80% bio diesel at aroud 30deg the 01. I did have trouble with separating when I was buying from some else but now I have my own recipe for Bio diesel have been making it four years now no problems yet.

Not very cold. It may get in the teens and twenties 2 weeks out of the year. It is probably doing what Bio does. Cleans out the fuel system. They have B2/B5 in the Savannah, Ga area. I have gotten fuel there a couple of times. My favorite truck stop just sells straight old #2.

That sound about right I stop using bio about this time of year depending on the weather then in the spring one tank of bio and change filters then most times good till fall again. I run 100% bio in the summer if I have enough to do that.