black skoke and the law?

vaicase

how legal is it for having black smoke when i pound on it.?if i drive it normal its not to bad,but working it hard and shifting it really smokes,i could care less.i think its cool.but what about the law?also how legal are a smokestack or two?thanks

I havent had any problems here in ND and i can roll it fairly good if i wnat to

not sure what the law is here either ! i know a buddy of mine got warned about smoking but #1 he was racing a guy #2 he blacked out the freeway when he punched it. but then i saw a guy the other day pull from a stop sign and poured smoke out of his stack ! me i can control it when driving nice but i can roll a good amount when i want to.

The law says in utah. only 20 percent visible at normal operating tempeture. Thats for a truck before 1980 i think and before that its 40 percent. Stacks are legal of you have a muffler and cat if OEM equiped. I have recieved 3 letters from SLC utah health Dept. They wanted me to come in and have it on emmisions. I called and said my cdounty does not do emmisions, and besides that its a farm truck. He said does it smoke I said a little its got 218000 Miles on it he said no problem. I got one ticket it was 40 dollars no problem.

it's apperantly illegal to "smoke" out here in Laramie, WY., also they are cracking down on tuner's and Diesel's exhaust noises! I guess the locals don't like it too much...I know most cities in dif. states have exhaust noise ordinances, not 100% sure on the whole smoke issue. I'm gonna look into the "smoke" issue for different states a lil' more though.

If I were you, I would contact your local city peoples, without telling them who you are (haha) and ask them, not sure what state your from, but it'd prolly be the best way to find out for sure what state or city laws you got.

or just do like I do and "play stupid" when the cop pulls you over...worked in Illinois with my exhaust...3 different times---No tickets...haha

problem with calling is depending on who you talk to you might get a different answer ! OH i love the "we leave it up to the discreation of the officer "

they want to tell me i am polluting i want to write them a ticket ! say um hey bone heads trees breath in carbon dioxcide and breath out clean air ! I am not the Jack A$$ who built a subdivision in every wooded lot they could find and then complain about polution. i am trying to save what trees we have LOL .

it blows my mind we have strip centers and old neighborhoods dang near empty and they plow down a new section of woods to build more homes !

my dually has 6" stacks and is straight piped, it will blow plenty of smoke if I try... most cops give me thumbs up...Texas department of Public Safety officer has pulled me over before for smoke but I was racing too. No ticket just said that if it is blocking other drivers visibility I could get a ticket

if your puffing a little diesel smoke under load, your never gonna get in trouble.
...if your are using it as a weapon...filling up the interiors of low riders dumb enough to drive aggressively in your presence (side exhaust) ..or making the occasional tailgater dis-appear (stacks)....and you get caught....no mater what state you live in, the cop is gonna find something to write you for.
It's ok to occasionally nail it off boost, & freak out an excessive tailgater (mine has LOTS of fuel...I can make 2 lanes dis-appear on a clear day...COMPLETELY!) but you have to use this weapon responsibly. Make sure there is no one thats gonna rear end the guy when he stands on his brakes 'cause he can no longer see the road! ...and make sure you dont get caught!!!

turbomatt1 said:
if your puffing a little diesel smoke under load, your never gonna get in trouble.
...if your are using it as a weapon...filling up the interiors of low riders dumb enough to drive aggressively in your presence (side exhaust) ..or making the occasional tailgater dis-appear (stacks)....and you get caught....no mater what state you live in, the cop is gonna find something to write you for.
It's ok to occasionally nail it off boost, & freak out an excessive tailgater (mine has LOTS of fuel...I can make 2 lanes dis-appear on a clear day...COMPLETELY!) but you have to use this weapon responsibly. Make sure there is no one thats gonna rear end the guy when he stands on his brakes 'cause he can no longer see the road! ...and make sure you dont get caught!!!

Not that it's legal in any way, shape or form...but that's exactly the way I am!! Must be something with Garmon tuned pumps:rockwoot:

Chris