black stick for 12v

Lostnwalmart

do you need to fly cut the pistons or can you run it without with a .020 over gasket and the cam retarded a few degrees?

I have run it on a p-pumped 24v with a stock head gasket. However I had to set valves at .012 and .022 as opposed to .010 and .020"
On a 12v because of the higher ratio, you will at least need to run a .020" over head gasket. This is assuming that the head and the block have not been decked.

Zach

By the way it is our "Vincent Black Lightning" cam. It was named due to the high-lift, high duration, like some of the vincent cams. 1952 Black lightning is, by the way, THE bike.

ok thanks forthe clarification :rockwoot: would it be safe to just fly cut the pistons? we put a big stick in john barkers (holland ct diesel) 24v and i love it (it was my cam orignaly) could you pm me a price? or ill have john call you next week

Hey guys, I went back and found some old dyno numbers. I couldn't find all of the files from the trucks using the 206/224. This one of the ones I found that had before and after numbers. The 206/224 spools about 100-200rpm later than factory, but it really pulls a lot harder once it comes on. The down side to this dyno is that the truck only had a 3k kit in it so it doesn't show the fact that cam moves a lot more air above 3500 rpm's.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff203/zacheryhamilton/Scan_Pic0002-1.jpg
I will post up as soon as I get another 206/224 installed.
If anybody has any before and after graphs with this cam please post them up.

Zach Hamilton

Back