BLEND DOOR - Not Your Average Issue!

B_Bail

As the title says, not your average blend door issue/breakage!

'03 Ram 2500 Laramie with dual climate control

LINK TO VIDEO BELOW WILL HELP EXPLAIN EVERYTHING...

https://vimeo.com/112582811

• No heat on driver's side
  • Driver's blend door is definitely NOT broken or stripped
  • When driver's lever is moved to hot the motor quickly moves the door to the full hot position as it should.
  • Shortly after the motor will move the door back to the full cold position in a notchy motion.
  • I've attempted to stop this movement with my finger and confirmed the motor is definitely driving the blend door.
  • Replaced motor thinking something internally may be causing the issue. Motor swap did not fix the issue.
  • Something is definitely commanding the motor to act in this manor.

My only ideas at this point are FCM issue or HVAC control panel (the part where you slide the lever) issue?

Anyone seen this before??? Thanks!!!!

IMAGE BELOW FOR REFERENCE:
#3 is the flap attached to the motor in question
**** Flap 3 & flap 9 are connected together by a rod linkage

8701.jpg

These particular motors for the doors have NO internal stop. Once the plastic imposer or the union that connects the motor and door together breaks, the motor just keeps spinning. On occasion it will catch and work.

Now if say for instance you have no defrost on the warm side and when you switch it to cold or A/C function and then it drives toward defrost. Then you have a bad control head.

Last edited:
These particular motors for the doors have NO internal stop. Once the plastic imposer or the union that connects the motor and door together breaks, the motor just keeps spinning. On occasion it will catch and work.
Thanks.

I understand how and why these typically fail, but that's not the case with mine which is why I'm posting.

Read my first post second paragraph. This will tell you.

I am having a issue with my 06 but I have heat on the driver side but not on the passenger side I have checked all the doors and they seem to be in good working order, so I am at a lost, I am going to check what MAXTORQ said about the heater control tonight.