blew my headgasket

inline6power

more hp than you
well this past weekend, i ran my truck in a sand drag comp and it did very well. i had THOUGHT my redline was workin but it wasnt. i was basically running on my power puck, injectors and my 3 stage nitrous. i thought, wow this thing is running strong, got home last night and my fuse was blown in my redline. the thing is, everything still functions on the redline if the fuse it blown, it just dont fuel. well anyways, i get it fixed last night, hit the redline with the nitrous for the first time, and WOW. its scary fast, in the event of last night, my boost line came off, boosted up to 67 psi with the nitrous and lifted the head. now everytime i get over 20psi i presurize my cooling system and blow coolant out of the overflow tank. man, what a weekend. i had studs, orings, and a .20 marine gasket, but guess i got to get the new era studs now.

zstroken said:
new era studs??
sorry about that, brain fart, new age studs. the ones that cost 1000k bucks. nice thing is they can be torqued to 150 instead of my ARPs rated at 127. they are very expensive but they seem to be the ones to have

duke1n said:
Note to self... stop at two itty bitty ones lol
it was not the 3 stage nitrous alone, it was more the nitrous combined with almost 70psi of boost. never had a problem at 48psi but when the wastegate line blew off and the boost went up to 67psi, that with the nitrous is what did it. lifted the head pretty good for the ammount of coolant to come out of the over flow that did. aint no thing. its just a head gasket, not expensive to fix, just dang time consuming.

teddybear said:
I think id just go with the new age studs. A whole lot more simple than going with the 14mm's.
yeah i am just going to go with the new age studs. the 14mm studs have a tendency to warp the block, so i have been told. i am going to get the head redone, reworked and put it back on with my arp studs and when i get the new age studs, i will swap them in. i tell ya, it was crazy before it blew, i cant wait to get it back up and running again, i think its going to be crazy .